BCG's new message board Page 4

Quote: zooo @ 6th August 2016, 5:54 PM

I think it's grey text.

I would hate a red background, personally. From experience, reading a chunk of white text on a black or dark background is extremely unpleasant, and makes your eyes go funny for ages afterwards.

Go and find a site designed like that and try it. I almost guarantee your eyes will hate it!

I do, everyday I'm home I have BBC TV text on. Used to be called ceefax or teletext. The latest version is superb - all white text on black or red backgrounds and so easy to read and great for your/my eyes. What gives me eyestrain is tiny text as on this current site via my phone. Small and thin black type on white is notoriously bad for eyesight. Like I said prob designed to stop me using it which is fair enough I spose.Illmy eyes.

You should be able to invert the colours on your phone, if it's a fairly up-to-date one. Something similar to high contrast mode I believe.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 6th August 2016, 7:14 PM

I do, everyday I'm home I have BBC TV text on. Used to be called ceefax or teletext. The latest version is superb - all white text on black or red backgrounds and so easy to read and great for your/my eyes. What gives me eyestrain is tiny text as on this current site via my phone. Small and thin black type on white is notoriously bad for eyesight.

Do you mean subtitles? If so that's only one or two lines. Not a whole screen. Honestly, a whole black screen with white text all over it is horrific to read.

Like I said prob designed to stop me using it which is fair enough I spose.Illmy eyes.

No one's out to get you, you mentalist. :)

I finks he means the red button text service bits.

What Yellow?

Quote: Mark @ 6th August 2016, 6:21 PM

Re: the colours. We did try all sorts (including red)... you'd be surprised how bad some of them ended up looking!

If you look below the "Fast reply box" now... proof we are listening to feedback :)

Thanks. Much easier on mobile now.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 7th August 2016, 2:27 AM

What Yellow?

The post backgrounds are in alternating light blue and light yellow shades. It's possible that some aren't seeing these colours correctly - or at all - however, due to individual monitor and display settings.

Couldn't we just have a chat room or something? It needn't necessarily be seedy or anything......

Help !!!
I can't find the help button and have forgotten how to post a link.
"You've all done very well....."

Quote: wigwam willy @ 7th August 2016, 11:12 PM

Help !!!
I can't find the help button and have forgotten how to post a link.
"You've all done very well....."

If it's a plain URL, you can just write it in and our software will automatically make it into a clickable link.

If you want to set a specific image or piece of text as a link, use [ link=...] and [ /link] - but without the spaces!

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 7th August 2016, 10:43 PM

Couldn't we just have a chat room or something? It needn't necessarily be seedy or anything......

But the seediness was what made chatrooms fun!

Quote: Aaron @ 7th August 2016, 11:34 PM

If it's a plain URL, you can just write it in and our software will automatically make it into a clickable link.

If you want to set a specific image or piece of text as a link, use - but without the spaces!

Thanks.

Ooops,something seems to have gone wrong there.
Anyway thanks for the info:)

Quote: Lee @ 7th August 2016, 11:54 PM

But the seediness was what made chatrooms fun!

I did say 'necessarily' .....;)

I like the range of emojis.

Wave

And the 'Clique' section is vastly improved - once I found it!