Active threads page Page 2

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th August 2016, 9:37 AM

Perhaps you'll be happier if we (Chappers et al) f**k off then.

Finally, he gets it! :D

*smacks Lee's bum*

Nobody is allowed to leave. zooo has spoken.

:$

What is this The Overlook Hotel?

Quote: Chappers @ 3rd August 2016, 11:26 PM

How are we supposed to comment on posts?

No idea.

Quote: Chappers @ 3rd August 2016, 11:26 PM

Sorry but I can't get my head around the new site. It;s a total load of crap. How are we supposed to comment on posts? Sorry but I can't stand it.

BCG - Bloody Chappers Gone.

Finding your way back from PM's to Active Messages is a bit of palaver.
And despite ticking the appropriate box (I think?) I don't seem to get e-mail notification on new PM's.
I'm sure I'll get used to it.
Teary

Quote: Nil Putters @ 4th August 2016, 6:14 PM

BCG - Bloody Chappers Gone.

I'll miss this Big Chelsea Geek and Beer Can Gourmet...

Why has the Active Thread bit moved halfway down the page?
This new forum is more terrifying than I'd ever imagined

It's at the top of my screen. (The purple bit.)

Then what thread am i on now?
Don't try to tell me it hasn't got more confusing
& I'm no Chappers

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 5th August 2016, 12:48 AM

Then what thread am i on now?
Don't try to tell me it hasn't got more confusing
& I'm no Chappers

You're in a thread called Active Threads right now!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th August 2016, 9:37 AM

With you 100% on this one Chappers, and thinking can I really be arsed with it any more. Pity as it was a good site for all genres and ages, but seems to be now slanted to "youngsters" only.

It's probably due to all these people dying this year.

Quote: Lee @ 4th August 2015, 7:45 PM

You need to select "I'm a writer, stand-up, actor, producer or director" in the Make It section of your profile which you can edit here - https://www.comedy.co.uk/account/edit/

Yeah, this is actually the same functionality as on the old site. To see 'Make It' stuff in the Active Threads just tick that box. It's there because we got some feedback that not everyone does want their Active Threads to have the Critique stuff in there.

Quote: Lazzard @ 4th August 2016, 6:44 PM

Finding your way back from PM's to Active Messages is a bit of palaver.
And despite ticking the appropriate box (I think?) I don't seem to get e-mail notification on new PM's.
I'm sure I'll get used to it.
Teary

We're looking into the Active Threads navigation... people make a fair point there.

I'll double check the PM thing with you in a second off-thread.

Quote: Kenneth @ 4th August 2016, 1:54 AM

The BCG Forums upgrade is fine. It seems to have been done with meticulous care and loving attention to drag the big dinosaur onto mobile platforms. Any glitches, bugs or defects will likely be ironed out if brought to the attention of Mark/Aaron.

There will always be a process of "familiarization" for veteran users. It can take days, weeks or even months to become happy and familiar with all aspects of a site upgrade. If the changes were badly planned and executed -- users may end up leaving a site/forum. But this morning (last night, my time), I just had to spend a moment looking for "Active Threads" and experimenting with the "search" options, and there seemed no cause for alarm. No worries.

Thanks Kenneth. I can promise people that we've not deliberately made anything "worse". We're taking all feedback on board and will continue to evolve things where something does need smoothing out... so do point stuff out to us, either on here or via email or PM :)

We've made a few changes to the Active Threads page this afternoon that'll hopefully make it a little easier to use at-a-glance. Let us know what you think.

Quote: Aaron @ 5th August 2016, 6:46 PM

We've made a few changes to the Active Threads page this afternoon that'll hopefully make it a little easier to use at-a-glance. Let us know what you think.

Am I right in thinking that each active thread now details the sub-forum it originated from?
This was a problem before - so solved IMHO.
Are there more threads on the page, taking up less room each - also good easier to see at a glance whats new.

What else had changed - it certainly feels less clunky.