Oldrocker Page 8

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 18th January 2016, 2:30 PM GMT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hftgytmgQgE

That's the one, Cream. I do like my 'Dad Rock', but oft get the various bands and personalities confused. I was reading a biography of Eric 'Slowhand' Clapton the other week an' all.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 18th January 2016, 4:52 PM GMT

That's the one, Cream. I do like my 'Dad Rock', but oft get the various bands and personalities confused. I was reading a biography of Eric 'Slowhand' Clapton the other week an' all.

How can you get anyone confused with Cream?

They were one of the first real Supergroups. At the time the only other comparative band was the Jimi Hendrix Experience, They were both trios with guitar, bass and drums.

Quote: Chappers @ 18th January 2016, 7:14 PM GMT

How can you get anyone confused with Cream?

They were one of the first real Supergroups. At the time the only other comparative band was the Jimi Hendrix Experience, They were both trios with guitar, bass and drums.

Maybe because I'm (cough) not nearly as *ancient* as some of you? Jack Bruce was/is (I'll get my sub to check this out later) a horrible man by all accounts. There was a brilliant talk by Mojo's Andrew Male during a past Boring Conference concerning the contents of Eric Clapton's bookcase.

As for other 'supergroups' - you haven't included the more recent NKOTB BSB collaboration.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 19th January 2016, 7:42 AM GMT

Maybe because I'm (cough) not nearly as *ancient* as some of you? Jack Bruce was/is (I'll get my sub to check this out later) a horrible man by all accounts. There was a brilliant talk by Mojo's Andrew Male during a past Boring Conference concerning the contents of Eric Clapton's bookcase.

As for other 'supergroups' - you haven't included the more recent NKOTB BSB collaboration.

And drummer Ginger Baker. Inexplicably another survivor.

I never realised New Kids on the block joined up with British Satellite Broadcasting. I thought that was Sky.

Quote: Chappers @ 20th January 2016, 5:38 PM GMT

And drummer Ginger Baker. Inexplicably another survivor.

I never realised New Kids on the block joined up with British Satellite Broadcasting. I thought that was Sky.

Mr Baker (Ginger, not Tom) was apparently 'horrible' according to Mr MoJo.

I know - the sheer weight of acronyms these days is unbelievable. The 'youngsters' ones such as YOLO and FOMO perplex me.

The Oldrocker Memorial Bench™

:)

Quote: Aaron @ 2nd August 2016, 4:10 PM BST

The Oldrocker Memorial Bench™

:)

Brilliant! If ever a man deserved a bench, it was Dave :D

Booyah!

What does the plaque say?

Surely the Oldrocker® Memorial Bench™?

Quote: DaButt @ 2nd August 2016, 8:22 PM BST

What does the plaque say?

In loving memory of
Dave "Old Rocker" Leeson
Fondly remembered by family, friends and
colleagues from Wolverhampton City Council

Nice :)

Fellow nerds will have noticed it's a very fitting GWR bench and begun to surmise its location accordingly. Should anyone wish to visit, I understand it's outside The Engine House at Highley Station on the wonderful Severn Valley Railway.

http://www.svr.co.uk/Highley-Info.aspx