Not Going Out?

Does anybody know if there's going to be a spin off or continuation of Not Going Out? I know Lee Mack has spoken about doing a family oriented sitcom 5 years in the future when Lee and Lucy have kids, but I don't know if that's actually in the works or not.

Does anybody know?

On Tv later this year it think.

Yes. They're filming as we speak/write (possibly).

Oh, excellent! (possibly)

I saw a recording in June. It was very good, don't want to leave spoilers here though.

Do you require money?

Been to a number of recordings for series 8 and they have all been good episodes. Cant wait to see them air.

Not sure if it would be a spoiler to answer or not, but for those of you who have seen tapings, do the children play a big part in the show?, i.e. are there child actors doing a lot of child acting, or is it more centered on Lee/Lucy and friends/neighbors?

No they don't. It's still about Lee and Lucy and friends. The parts with the children were also all pre-recorded.

Oh, thank goodness. I'm happy to hear that!

Can I mention Chortle on here?

http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2016/08/24/25623/confirmed%3A_not_going_out_to_return?rss

" Lee Mack's sitcom Not Going Out is to return for an eighth series, the BBC has confirmed today." Confirmed today? Am I missing something? We've all known for months. Surely this should have been announced prior to the tickets to the recordings going up for sale? (I'm not playing Chortle for this btw)

Quote: TonyT @ 24th August 2016, 2:10 PM

Can I mention Chortle on here?

You can. But you should check out our news page more often Tony!

Bit more info here: https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/2198/not_going_out_series_8/

:)

Quote: TonyT @ 24th August 2016, 2:10 PM

Confirmed today?

It's daft, but the BBC have dodged questions on whether there'll be another series until today (even though, as you say, tickets have been and gone!)

I believe they didn't confirm it till now as they have only just decided that it's going to be Not Going Out Series 8 rather than Series 1 of a sequel under a different title.

I obviously (!) checked this site first but missed that news on here. My bad. Anyway, thanks for the explanation.

I think it's a good decision to call it Series 8. On the one hand, it may put off any new viewers who think they may be missing something, but on the other hand, it's a great boom for the BBC to say it's been running for x amount of years.