Harry Enfield Sketch

Please can someone help me? I am trying to locate / remember a Harry Enfield sketch with a kid who said random and strange things. I thing it was called Odd Kid or Weird Kid?

Can anyone remember and point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance. x

Moon. >_<

The first thing that came to mind was Tory Boy.
There is also those sketches with Kathy Burke where they play infants.

Did he wear a woolly hat?

No not Tory Boy or the kids on a couch. I saw a clip on YouTube years ago, but cannot find anything now. The sketches were very short. Enfield would say: 'Hey odd kid what are you up to?" And the kid would reply in a monotonous / ponderous voice saying something odd or out of context.

Just seen this posted on another forum when I Googled it.

"'Was it Harry Enfield who had a sketch about 'Odd Kid' who always claimed something like 'When I grow up I want to be.........A tax inspector'.'

I remember this

Sadly I haven't a clue what the character was called

And I do think he wore a woolly hat

And now it's doing my head in too!

Found this...

[ultra high pitch voice]...........and there's a high pitched ringing , a ringing in my ears, and then I picked up this plastic thing and the ringing stopped, but they as I held it to my head,, I had voices, voices in my head and then the female person I live with, she had a big lump in her tummy, and then a little person fell out, and the little person is taking all her time and I don't like the little person.....[/ultra high pitch voice]

Don't think he had a name

http://static-tvlistings.twcc.com/images/content/85/178950_harry_enfield_and_chums.jpg

? Rings a bell.

Quote: fasty @ 2nd August 2016, 7:32 AM BST

http://static-tvlistings.twcc.com/images/content/85/178950_harry_enfield_and_chums.jpg

? Rings a bell.

>_< Surely after going all around the houses, it couldn't be that we come back to the very obvious monosyllabic Kevin! :S

I'm starting to vaguely remember this. Was he dressed in a school boy outfit and being interviewed. He would be asked a question, then he would act nervous and insecure before given a rather silly answer?

Yes, spot on.

Well I thought I had seen every sketch show that he was in from day one but have no recollection of this. :S

Are you sure it is Harry Enfield?

Yes 100%

I've quoted one of the sketches above

He wore a bobble hat and was really paranoid about everything

Although that may be a different character come to think of it
As Bobble hat man wasn't asked questions as far as I recall

The wool hat guy was the dimwitted whiner with the high-pitched voice:

Odd Kid - well, you can buy a DVD to find him, as the BBC seems to have taken down clips that featured him.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd August 2016, 9:25 AM BST

>_< Surely after going all around the houses, it couldn't be that we come back to the very obvious monosyllabic Kevin! :S

You're correct of course, my mistake.

In my defence it was very early :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H26aHQApyhQ&index=2&list=PL4DvR9TlrZfXEeqH-Hzo-zighN8cyrZj4

Is it from Harry Enfield's Yule Log Chums, at 07:04 minutes in and another one at 19:50 minutes in. Odd Kid.

Dad (Enfield): "Do you like your new cars then odd kid? What are you doing with them?"

Odd Kid "Yes, Issuing them with tickets, this ones parked on a single yellow line before 6:30 and this ones 3 minutes over the meter...I want to be a traffic warden when I grow up".

*The dad walks out suitably afraid of his strange child.*

Is that it?