Status report Page 5,937

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 31st July 2016, 8:57 PM BST

"Go away, evil beast. I don't want to see you before december!"

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

I had my 60th birthday party on June 25th and when I contacted him before it I asked the DJ to play "I wish it could be Christmas Everyday".

On the evening he said he hadn't got it! Bastard!

(I had to do the YMCA dance on my own too! Double bastard!!!)

Tee hee! And you're now an Old Person .

:( I wish I was 60 again.

Quote: keewik @ 31st July 2016, 10:10 PM BST

Tee hee! And you're now an Old Person .

Ah but I've got a Senior Railcard and get free prescriptions.

Just called my father to wish him a happy 80th birthday. I need to book a flight to visit my parents soon; I really miss them.

Quote: DaButt @ 1st August 2016, 10:15 PM BST

Just called my father to wish him a happy 80th birthday. I need to book a flight to visit my parents soon; I really miss them.

Happy 80th Birthday to your dad :)

I've got home today after a weekend at my folks house for my mums 63rd. Did the same as last year and some friends came over for a BBQ on Saturday and it was a good olde craic. It was cloudy most of the day which was a bummer but it was warm and didn't rain. People keep returning because my mum makes the UKs best burgers and the chilli burgers are not for greenhorns.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 1st August 2016, 10:56 PM BST

People keep returning because my mum makes the UKs best burgers and the chilli burgers are not for greenhorns.

I had a really nice burger at a new chain that opened here in town. They grind their own meat daily and bake fresh buns all day long. Nice assortment of beer, too.

LLANO POBLANO BURGER ($8.50)
Angus Beef, Apple-Smoked Bacon, Tilamook Pepper Jack, Seared Poblanos, Chipotle Mayo, Red Leaf Lettuce, White Onion, Beefsteak Tomato

There's a place here in town called Chris Madrid's that's famous for their burgers, but I don't go there much because the neighborhood is a little sketchy. Their burgers have a waterfall of cheddar running over the sides of the patty. (I know cheddar isn't supposed to be orange, but hey, it's 'Murica.)

Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeese. <3

Quote: Chappers @ 1st August 2016, 10:13 PM BST

Ah but I've got a Senior Railcard and get free prescriptions.

Pah! Here everybody has free prescriptions and everybody over 60 gets free bus travel throughout the entire country.

Quote: keewik @ 2nd August 2016, 11:25 AM BST

Pah! Here everybody has free prescriptions and everybody over 60 gets free bus travel throughout the entire country.

The only person over 60 in Scotland is Queen liz and Alexander salmon wife

Buy them a tandem

Quote: DaButt @ 1st August 2016, 11:04 PM BST

Come on baby, I know you want it too!!!

The molten cheese looks fantastic!!...the bread does look a bit pink though.

Looks like something from an episode of My Jellyfish Gypsy Wedding.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 2nd August 2016, 2:32 PM BST

Looks like something from My Jellyfish Gypsy Wedding.

Were you like a princess or a mermaid or a bit of both?

Just tried to make dumplings- but I used rice paper rolls, since I can't eat the wrappers that you buy and couldn't be bothered to make my own. They didn't end up looking like dumplings or rice paper rolls but at least they were edible. Might try and make my own wrappers next time, but I'm not sure that they will work with gluten free flour.