Any football loving stand ups out here?

Good afternoon...

Haven't been this nervous since filling out my online dating profile a few years back. This time, however, I am committed to telling the truth and hoping I get better results.

I am, apparently, a borderline witty football writer with a satirical edge.

I've been told in the few weeks since I published my last book - a tongue in cheek look back on last season's Premier League (you should check it out, it's quite good) - that I should find myself a stand up that would like to use my material.

It did cross my mind that I should give it a go myself until I remembered the last time I tried to be funny on stage - the headteacher has still blacklisted the family as it ruined the 1983 nativity play.

Basically, I write, you deliver, people laugh.

I hope.

Get in touch.

Chris

I think that basically if you write about football satirically there aren't many of us who would really "get it".

Maybe you should submit some stuff to When Saturday Comes or the other humourous football mags.

Hi Chappers - I have my own online magazine and write my own football books, so have that area covered. What I am looking for is a stand up who loves football - fairly confident they exist. Whether I will find one here is another matter entirely, of course.

I've put the material in front of several non-football lovers, and although some in-jokes sail over their head, quite a lot of it lands for them, which is cool.

Thanks Chappers.

Chris

You could circulate the clubs in your area - both big and small. my local team Sutton United often has what they call a "Gentleman's Evening." They could have a spot for you there.

Good luck with this, it seems a pretty straightforward request that you are making, don't be put off by people who seem to think you are a) asking for someone to publish your writing or b) give you the chance to perform your stuff yourself, both of which scenarios you have made it very clear you are not asking for. :)

@Chappers - I live in Spain, we don't have a great market for English stand up here and I am not looking to get on stage myself.

I write, not perform.

@comedy - thank you, much appreciated!

Malaga CF have lots of British followers - perhaps something for them, if you live in that area? Not many Oviedo fans, I fear...

Thanks Beaky - again, I think the point is being missed.

I am looking for a stand up comic to deliver my material.

I am happy with the amount of British football fans reading my blog, buying my books and stuff :)

I am keen to explore whether the stuff I write could translate well into good, old fashioned, British stand up comedy.

I don't want to go on stage myself, I am a writer not a performer.

Chris

Have you tried the boards at Chortle? They're aimed more at stand-ups.

Ah no, I will have a look now - thanks for the tip!