What are you watching on TV? Page 2,090

Quote: zooo @ 26th July 2016, 10:31 AM BST

Oh god, I'm so glad Gene Wilder got it. I love him in the part, and Spike has always scared the bejesus out of me.

The way I read it the director insisted on Gene Wilder, saying that Spike was too manic (er.....yes), but then Wilder (ironic?) could lay it on thick if he had to - I'm thinking of the excellent going off his head when he thought he had lost his comfort blanket in The Producers. Laughing out loud

Whatever, Roald Dahl was not happy at all about it and now that all seems terribly ironic what with Wilder severely slamming Tim Burton's update starring Johnny Depp in the part.

Ha. Stephen King always hates all the good film versions of his books too. Maybe novelists should stick to novelling.

Quote: George Kaplan @ 25th July 2016, 3:36 PM BST

Herc, did you see Julien Temple's documentary about London?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1937419/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_8

That had some good archive material too, and was fun.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 26th July 2016, 9:55 AM BST

No I didn't see that and it is not on YouTube which is a shame.

Can't remember if it was originally on C4, or BBC4, but it's bound to get repeated. If I spot it in time, I'll notify you on here.

Quote: George Kaplan @ 26th July 2016, 7:54 PM BST

Can't remember if it was originally on C4, or BBC4, but it's bound to get repeated. If I spot it in time, I'll notify you on here.

Thanks George - I do religiously check the schedule each week, but an extra look out is always handy.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th July 2016, 9:46 AM BST

Thanks George - I do religiously check the schedule each week, but an extra look out is always handy.

Herc in younger days.

Rofl!

Shamus Android on the cover.Mr BBC in those halcyon days much like Claire Balding these days but better.

Series 3, Episode 3 of Fool Us. They had a magician with no hands (also no feet, an actually physically disabled guy) doing a card trick with his "wrist stumps". And on the same show they had a magician getting his hands "cut off" by a giant axe and then regrowing them. Some folk might say that was in bad taste, putting them both in the same episode.

I just wish they would ditch Alyson Hannigan as presenter. She talks too much yet says so little. Makes Jonathan Ross look like the king of comperes.

Quote: George Kaplan @ 27th July 2016, 6:42 PM BST

Herc in younger days.

:D

Quote: wigwam willy @ 28th July 2016, 4:27 AM BST

Shamus Android on the cover.Mr BBC in those halcyon days much like Claire Balding these days but better.

Indeed!

Ofah - it's only Rock n roll

Dr Who - the creature from the pit

Aka - the big blob made out of bin bags and painted luminous green , from the pit

About to watch 'The Imitation Game' with the cummerbund man. Think I might get angry at the injustice.

There's an advert on TV where this blokes wearing a Gary Barlow mask goes to play the piano. He takes the mask off and revealed - surprise, surprise - that it is in fact Gary Barlow.

What I don't understand is why they're looking for five talented guys to play Take That?

More accurately, one talented songwriter/pianist, two talented dancers, and two others.

So Lofty what are you going to call that painting you did of me in my boudoir?

Quote: lofthouse @ 29th July 2016, 1:34 PM BST

Dr

Aka - the big blob made out of bin bags and painted luminous green , from the pit

and you said you were going to paint me like one of your French girls!