Things that piss you off Page 1,682

A few years ago I got a carpet flea spray off Amazon that worked really well. God knows what it was, I just tried the one with the best reviews.

Didn't you say the Polish girls were the previous tenants, or am I getting confused?

Quote: keewik @ 25th July 2016, 11:25 PM BST

Contact your local authority to find out wbether their pest control people can help.

With a lot of hoovering and leaving dinner plates out with washing up liquid laced water that catches them as they hop around aimlessly when I stimulate the surrounding area I've turned it around a lot but I still feel there is a lot more back breaking hoovering to go. If I had seen just one flea when I checked out the place I would have turned on my heels but I had no idea. I checked out the council pest control webpage and they offer a two stage spray treatement so I'm going to do some more self help and then finish with that.

I was drawn to the place because it's high up in the attic of a 3 story house and feels like it's among the treetops. There is a giant tree in the back garden and my bedroom window overlooks the top branches where I'm hearing birdsong I've never heard before. I've also got ceiling windows that will be perfect for putting out seed but right now I'm too distracted to be thinking of that. It's amazing what a good hoovering can do though because I picked up probably most of the adult fleas from repeated hoovering but I want a professional to come in and spray everything when I've done a few saltings. I'm leaving the flat this weekend so I'm going to spray and maybe try a flea bomb as well on my way out.

Quote: George Kaplan @ 25th July 2016, 11:26 PM BST

Didn't you say the Polish girls were the previous tenants, or am I getting confused?

yep and they moved in to the flat below me. I've still not met them and I no longer want to. The landlord could have been spinning me a yarn about the place when I checked it out but I know he was being honest when he knocked on their door to see if they still had a key for my flat and they said they left it in Poland. When I told him about the fleas he said they have a cat so the middle flat will get fleas now. From his reaction I don't think he knew about it. All the communal entrances are carpeted and I did a test today and I only had to stand in the main doorway for a few seconds before I got a gnipper land on my sock so no matter how well I treat my flat I'll still have to get past the fleas in the communal hallway.

I'll be thinking of this everytime I come and go to help morale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2TjhKcv8RI

It also raises the question of animal welfare because when that cat lived here it must have been covered in fleas. It's not nice for a human but at least we can take action.

Quote: zooo @ 25th July 2016, 11:25 PM BST

A few years ago I got a carpet flea spray off Amazon that worked really well. God knows what it was, I just tried the one with the best reviews.

I've been looking at sprays and every product has someone saying it's the best and someone else saying it's the worst. The moaners are probably people who think spray alone will solve all their problems and don't combine it with other treatements.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 26th July 2016, 12:36 AM BST

I'll be thinking of this everytime I come and go to help morale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2TjhKcv8RI

You should be thinking of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFRacpYt5F0

(slightly NSFW in places)

Animal fleas will only get on you when the animal is no longer there for them to feed on as they are adapted for life on and in animal fur, and so will infest carpets especially to wait for the next animal, and if that doesn't happen they will bite humans.

So flea sprays, plenty of hovering and I can also recommend the flea trap/killer £8 from Amazon which works very well:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/STV-International-Zero-Killer-ZER020/dp/B00HW1GBRG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1469523525&sr=8-3&keywords=Zero+In+Flea+Killer

Just keep on top of it for now and providing you do not have any more animals the cycle of the flea will eventually die out.............with a bit of luck.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 26th July 2016, 10:07 AM BST

So flea sprays, plenty of hovering

But they can jump even if you are that clever.

Quote: Chappers @ 26th July 2016, 9:53 PM BST

But they can jump even if you are that clever.

Laughing out loud And there's me proud of my spelling............ :(

Should have used vacuming. Whistling nnocently

Why do I suddenly feel itchy?

Stoppit arms, there's no fleas.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th July 2016, 9:42 AM BST

Laughing out loud And there's me proud of my spelling............ :(

Should have used vacuming. Whistling nnocently

or even vacuuming (with a double U )

Whistling nnocently

Quote: billwill @ 27th July 2016, 12:23 PM BST

Whistling nnocently

Angelic

wacuuming ....like Jonathan Woss.

I used to have some Polish tenants.

Mr Sheen and Mr Muscle were ok, but then that Barry Scott moved in and it just went Bang!

Quote: billwill @ 27th July 2016, 12:23 PM BST

Whistling nnocently

Irony, Bill........irony. Unimpressed