Past BBC Competition Winners...? Page 2

So really - apart from a bit of practise - it seems like we're wasting our time going in for these competitions.

I entered the last,`Last Laugh` compo with what I thought was a good script.It obviously wasn`t funny enough.I read the winning entry and that WAS funny.Any further attempts to contact BBC Three with their rather breathless proclamation to be actively looking for new talent came to nought.
I now send stuff to indies, and BBC Wales, the latter of which seems to be like trying to break into Fort Knox.I`ve had better feedback from BBC Scotland.
Steve Voyce

I'm going to try and win the next competition by being funny... wish someone told me

What next competition?

lol I have my BBC wales entry kit a shotgun a small white bunny and my maniac contact lenses "LISTEN TO ME...I HAVE AN IDEA!!!"

As for competitions I dont get past round 1 usually...grumble grumble

Keep plugging away guys. I was one of the winners of sketch factor having never written a sketch in my life until two weeks before the closing date - and having your stuff on national radio is, well, how can I put it? Awesome. Fantastic feeling and the sense of achievement is immense. Mind you, the terror of your work being performed in front of 200 people is, frankly, totally terrifying!

It can be done!

What's Sketch Factor?

Recorded for Training Purposes, on Radio 4...

Is it in Writers Room?

It was a competition, which has closed as the series has already been broadcast now! But I understand that in future series they are thinking about having an open submission policy; so Id keep my eye on the Writers room, just in case.

OK thanks. I'll keep an eye out for it.