The Rebel - Series 1 Page 9

Wow, thanks, George! That's a great thumbs up. I had a good chat with Doon, but what she told me was so outrageous and libellous, I couldn't possibly repeat it. And yes, we're all very keen to do another series, if asked!

This sounds fantastic, and I'm intrigued to watch it even without the desire to support Beaky. I'm racking my brains to think of a friend who has the requisite telly.

Well done, anyway, it sounds as though it's going down a storm : )

Quote: beaky @ 22nd July 2016, 9:37 AM BST

I had a good chat with Doon, but what she told me was so outrageous and libellous, I couldn't possibly repeat it.

:D

I can keep a secret.

btw there's a few glitches/gaps on The Rebel's imdb page. Some cheeky fella by the name of Andrew Burch is taking credit for your fine work. ;)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5877442/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm

Well I eventually got to see it and ............thoroughly enjoyed it!

Well done beaky! You may well have started a deck chair demolition craze for the over pensionable age.

Looking forward to Callow's exploits aboard a Vespa in ep2.

:)

I've series recorded it Beaky
Me & the missus liked the look of the trailer
And you've got to love a bit of Callow
I'd love to see Chance in a million again, at the time I thought it was just weird, but seeing Simon since, I think I'd appreciate it a bit more now.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 22nd July 2016, 9:56 PM BST

I've series recorded it Beaky
Me & the missus liked the look of the trailer
And you've got to love a bit of Callow
I'd love to see Chance in a million again, at the time I thought it was just weird, but seeing Simon since, I think I'd appreciate it a bit more now.

See Amazon product listing

Watched this with very high hopes. Sadly hated every second of it so won't watch any more.

The Acting (apart from Callow) was truly awful. Worse I think I have seen.

Adding so much swearing may have been a deliberate ploy to mask over the lack of humour but was in the end a total failure.

1/10 for me. For the songs.

Oh well we can't like them all can we.

Saw the first episode yesterday. More comedy-drama than gag riddled sitcom, but that's not a bad thing. I'm interested to see where it goes to after this sighting shot.

Quote: vinny j @ 23rd July 2016, 9:19 PM BST

Watched this with very high hopes. Sadly hated every second of it so won't watch any more.

The Acting (apart from Callow) was truly awful. Worse I think I have seen.

Adding so much swearing may have been a deliberate ploy to mask over the lack of humour but was in the end a total failure.

1/10 for me. For the songs.

Oh well we can't like them all can we.

Oh dear! Not a 100% like rate then.

Well, I was a bit "hmm, not sure" at first, but that's probably because I'm not a lover of this "filmic" style of production which gives execs an excuse to say "oh, did I say sitcom? No, no, no, I meant comedy-drama" if reviews mention any lack of humour, and/or sitcoms/comedy-dramas which only have "awkward" humour in them instead of humour from character.

The doctor/shrink woman taking a call and saying she's not busy whilst in the middle of Henry's session made me feel it was going to be yet another one of the above. (See above paragraph)

However...

I also felt there was something "there" in this sitcom, so I continued watching...

...and enjoyed it.

Mind you, I have to admit, I enjoyed the second episode better as viewers got more of an insight into Henry's inner character, e.g. his grief and angst.

Quote: DaButt @ 21st July 2016, 3:00 PM BST

Hopefully a kindly Pirate will upload this so that I can see it in the States.

The first two episodes can now be viewed online.

When I saw Anita Dobson, I kept waiting for Brian May to appear. There is a slight resemblance when Callow dons a fur-lined hooded jacket.

I would have enjoyed this more if James Cotter had been an extra or even the policeman character.

Quote: Kenneth @ 2nd August 2016, 8:06 PM

The first two episodes can now be viewed online.

Whereabouts?

Still laughing at the Henry/Brian May lookalike.
Last episode tonight.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 3rd August 2016, 9:34 AM

Whereabouts?

Living outside the UK, and thus unable to watch through the proper channel(s), I just used Google to look for the show. (Pasting the URL of a non-official stream here would probably be sternly frowned upon.)

I also yesterday watched Life's Too Short (just the first episode) for the first time -- and found the Warwick Davis impersonation of David Brent nigh on unbearable. So would plump for The Rebel if given a choice twixt the two.

A really highly enjoyable and often very funny series. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Well done, Andrew. Fingers crossed for Series 2 and lots more of Henry and Jeremy!