Noel Fielding's Luxury Comedy - Series 1 Page 23

I've happened to catch the late night repeats a couple of times recently, and totally loved it. It's so extreme and Fieldingish in style it's obviously one of those things you're either going to find fun to watch as it is, or you're just not. There's not really much you can critique about it (apart from saying 'it's shit!' 'no it's not!').

It's something I keep meaning to watch properly. When it first came out I only made it through half of the first episode.

Quote: zooo @ March 23 2013, 11:05 AM GMT

I've happened to catch the late night repeats a couple of times recently, and totally loved it. It's so extreme and Fieldingish in style it's obviously one of those things you're either going to find fun to watch as it is, or you're just not. There's not really much you can critique about it (apart from saying 'it's shit!' 'no it's not!').

I enjoyed the episodes I saw, there was a lot of weird and funny stuff in it. I also enjoyed the fact that it pissed off and/or baffled so many people.

I liked a lot about this show. I wasn't a fan of Raymond Boombox the New York cop but I loved Fantasy Man and the stuff with Noel in the tree house was mainly good quality. The highlight of the whole series for me was the group going to see the Jelly Fox.

A show this far out is always going to divide opinion. I think it's so refreshing to see a show that is willing to push the envelope and try new things. Granted it doesn't always work but there is plenty here to enjoy and Fielding must be commended for trying something different.

It's a breath of fresh air and offers a welcome alternative to a lot of other current comedy programmes which I generally find staid, dull and quite frankly boring.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 28 2013, 9:14 AM GMT

I enjoyed the episodes I saw, there was a lot of weird and funny stuff in it. I also enjoyed the fact that it pissed off and/or baffled so many people.

This.

(A good a response as any)

It was exactly what I expected it to be: The Mighty Boosh without Julian Barratt's self-deprecation humour. Fielding's colourful madness is entertaining enough in small doses, but as a whole series it's too much. If Barratt had his own show, it would probably be very different, but equally lacking the balance of the other half.

Being shown on London Live.

Erm......Spike, Pythons, Everett and Dwarf.

In a paintbox.

Very colourful. Must have cost a fortune.

But just as listening to psychedelic music in the 1960s didn't lead to good decision making at Westminster - too much rewiring - God only knows what those who have watched this will be deciding for the public in the 2050s.