Things that piss you off Page 1,679

You hear a good joke, you repeat it. Or it dies. Because every time he got a good hand, he'd wag his tail.

What's next? Humor isn't free? Singing isn't free. Daft.

Anyone who says a joke is a baby has never had a baby.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 29th June 2016, 10:01 AM BST

I say.....ding dong. Hug Wave

"Plenty of room up top"

Why is our Olympic squad called Team GB?

It's just f**king Great Britain!

Talktalk.

Upgrade to fibre for £10 extra a month, get speeds of on average 13mps, which is fine, I live out in the sticks and it's fast enough for me. Until the last few weeks where I'm now getting averages of 6mps, which was about the same speed I was getting for standard broadband.

I ask Talktalk to fix it, they say they can't because it's within the estimated speeds of my line. Which is fair enough, I'll just continue to pay this extra tenner for the fun of it.

Yay Talktalk!

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 29th June 2016, 8:11 PM BST

"Plenty of room up top"

Ooooh, matron!

(I know, I know and I'm not sorry as I just could not resist it)

Further trials and tribulations with the DWP and hideous (in personality) woman and the Job Centre.

Further trials and tribulations of my health etc
My appeal for the farce that is my ESA claim came through the other day and now just waiting for a hearing date so I take the letter to the Job centre woman who still thinks I'm autistic and have an attitude problem and even though the letter was on officially headed paper, signed etc the old hag at the DWP actually said, in voice that was easily loud enough that there was no way anyone could have not heard her, "that's clearly fake and even if it wasn't youve missed the cut off date to appeal so ill health or not you better suck it up and toe the line otherwise your money is getting stopped"

I had missed the cut off date, she was right about that, but that was all down to whoever it was at the other end dragging their feet in replying to letters and such but luckily the appeals lot did agree look into it and agreed to sort out a hearing where I could present my case along with the metric f**k ton (that's the official name for the amount) of evidence I have from all various health officials I see on a regular basis.
The DWP have three weeks to respond to with me or the Appeals court otherwise they default and I pretty much win without having to do anything.
The fact it took them over a month to send a simple response to me and even then it was exactly the sa,e thing I'd already had were hoping it happens.

So yeah according to the old witch I'm a liar now and the job centre refuses to accept official letters now, she's a f**king arsebadger she really is.

Honestly, I really want to kill this bitch for you! She shouldn't be allowed to treat people like that and I think you have to find a way to complain. Is there any way to record the Interview? Or can you take an impartial observer (not your mother) with you - maybe speak to CAB for advice.

You and everyone else.
I could record conversations I have with her but going on stuff I've picked up from casual conversations I've had in the past, with friends who are in the police force, unless you tell someone the conversation is being recorded its illegal in the way it's an invasion of privacy and of course you can guarantee if I tell her I'm recording things she'll be all sweetness and light.
I have to go back tomorrow, seriously what's the f**king point in calling me in two days on the trot?, so I'm going to ask to see someone above her.

Thing is right, I get that she has a job to do and that there are people in far worse situations than I'm in, yeah my health is arse water but I have roof over my head etc but it's her attitude I have the biggest problem with and her idea that she's above me.
The DWP are just making things tricky and not bothering to respond at all or correctly and that's the problem I have with them. For instance they've been told to get in touch with my doctor and other health workers if they have any queries in regards to how things affect me and has anyone so much as written a letter or picked up a phone? Have they bollocks.

Short version is I have different problems with different people involved in the whole thing and the sum is bigger than the parts so to speak.
I have a lot of support and I know there are people who have my back on this thing but my God it doesn't half take it out of me. It's now got to the point where I dread the post arriving or my phone ringing because I know that if a brown envelope turns up or the number is withheld then what's contained within or who's at the end of the line isn't gonna be good news.

Least I'm getting a hearing out of it so I know that it's being taken seriously by someone.

Do you keep written records of all this (even your posts here tell a story) and if so, any point in contacting your MP?

You can request you are seen by someone else and the DWP charter says they will arrange it so follow that process and hopefully it will end contact between you and this person. The easiest way is the next time you are there ask to see the duty manager and tell them quitely that {insert name} is causing you significant anxiety and appears rude and unhelpful and you would prefer you were not dealt with by them again. Hopefully that's all it should take.

The manager has a duty to act on your request so don't think it will be brushed under the carpet and it will probably not be the first time that person has had a complaint either by the sounds of it.

Yeah Ive got most things written down. There are a couple of bits that I've forgotten to write down for whatever reason but that which was jotted down was photocopied and a copy was sent along with the various bits of evidence to the Appeals courts.

Contacting the MP, while a cracking idea and has been suggested by a lot of people, would be futile as he's a Tory and was one of the wankers who voted for all benefit cuts so it would fall on deaf ears.
Our neighbour Elsie is pushing 90 and uses the bus a lot to go the hospital for old people things, the bus stop is directly outside her house and stops directly outside the hospital. Now we've offered to drive her there but she hates relying on other people
and the council are planning on moving the stop half a mile down the road for some stupid reason. She can just about make the distance from her door to the stop and from the stop to the hospital entrance with the help of her stick but any other distance she really struggles with so of course moving the bus stop would be a massive inconvenience for her and all the other old folk who live in our area, there's an old folks home and a few sheltered housing sites. Elsie wrote to our MP about the movement and how it would have a negative effect on the people who rely on it and we saw the response she got which pretty much said, and I paraphrase "you'll probably be dead soon so why should I care, now off you f**k before we cut your pension completely"
Obviously these weren't the exact words but it might as well have been.
Yeah our MP who "really cares for the people.

On an unrelated note apparently our MP won his seat by a landslide yet nobody I've met appears to have actually voted for him.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 18th July 2016, 11:21 PM BST

You can request you are seen by someone else and the DWP charter says they will arrange it so follow that process and hopefully it will end contact between you and this person. The easiest way is the next time you are there ask to see the duty manager and tell them quitely that {insert name} is causing you significant anxiety and appears rude and unhelpful and you would prefer you were not dealt with by them again. Hopefully that's all it should take.

The manager has a duty to act on your request so don't think it will be brushed under the carpet and it will probably not be the first time that person has had a complaint either by the sounds of it.

I'm there again tomorrow morning first thing so I'll be doing just that.

But seeing as I was the last person (left at 5:15) there today and had to be let out by security as all doors had been locked it begs the question what the f**k is the point of going again first thing (8:30) in the morning, it gives me no time to do anything that she's told me I have to do, admittedly I haven't done a thing but that's not quite what I'm getting at here.

Quote: Sarc @ 18th July 2016, 7:28 PM BST

Further trials and tribulations with the DWP and hideous (in personality) woman and the Job Centre.

What's the problem? The ESA (Employment and Support Allowance) is an unemployment payment from the government -- actually taxpayers -- on the grounds of poor health or inability to work? And the Department for Work and Pensions is trying to cease or reduce your payment? Or what?

How much do you usually get per week or month?

What's the health problem? Are you crippled? Or is it a mental health issue?

You seem adept at typing on a computer, so perhaps a job in data entry beckons? Or teach English to migrants? You mention elsewhere that you're 36 -- young enough to be hired anywhere (or undertake an additional qualification), old enough to have loads of experience.

Quote: Sarc @ 9th July 2016, 12:06 AM BST

I've been known in the past to eat nothing but 7p packets of noodles for a month just so I use the money that would have gone on food on a rare copy of an album that has a misprinted label.

If I was paying for your unemployment benefit, I'd be furious that you weren't eating properly and were instead squandering the dough on an obsessive addiction to needless materialism. I hope you are following a healthy diet now.

The problem is they've stopped my ESA claim and put me on job seekers allowance and expect me to look for work however after an assessment the results that came back had no relation to anything that I suffer from and could well have been for a completely different person and is as though the person assessing me hadn't paid a single bit of attention to what had been said.

Don't get me wrong I really want to go back to work but when the doctors and various health and care workers I see on a regular basis strongly advise against it then there's clearly something in it and as I've stated in the past who has the better judgement over how my health is affected? The three people who are trained in health related matters that treat and see me on a regular basis or one person who has no medical training and has met me once for twenty minutes yet paid no attention to anything that was happening around them?

As for how much I get or what is wrong with me I find those questions invasive and rude as I don't know you nor have I ever met you and I don't feel comfortable answering them so make of that what you will.

See this is one of the many problems I have with what's going on, yes I can type on a computer but so what? A six year old can but do you expect them to go out and get a job? I really do want to work, Christ on a bike I want that more than anything as I've already said but what I will say is that what I suffer from isn't a constant twenty four hour thing but it do suffer from it more often than not.

As for the 7p noodles and rare records incidents that was back when I was working full time for the BBC and doing up to 70 to 80 hours most weeks and rarely, if ever, taking holidays or used my days off as I was very much a workaholic and has no relation to anything else that's been said in regards to the DWP matters. I understand why you may think that but no you're completely wrong on that matter.

Quote: Sarc @ 19th July 2016, 10:10 AM BST

As for how much I get or what is wrong with me I find those questions invasive and rude as I don't know you nor have I ever met you and I don't feel comfortable answering them so make of that what you will.

Not at all rude. If you gripe, about matters related to your heath and benefits, on a public forum (where many people have never met), you may pique the curiosity of others. Such as me.

yes I can type on a computer but so what? A six year old can but do you expect them to go out and get a job?

You're 36, not a 6-year-old, so you should have more useful skills, experience and knowledge. A six-year-old should be in school, learning, not going out and getting a job.

what I suffer from isn't a constant twenty four hour thing but it do suffer from it more often than not.

Ah, something like epilepsy, perhaps? Well, I hope you're eating well and taking care of your body. And if desperate to work, there's always work. Perhaps there are some online forums where affluent senior members are considering retirement and seeking a paid successor? Or perhaps success is the antithesis of squandering time online?

There's a difference between piqued interest and invasive questions.

No it's nothing like epilepsy, besides the more you push for what it is the less chance there is of me telling you so I'd just give up now if I were you. There are those on here that have actually been quite helpful and given constructive criticism that while au may not agree with everything they've said I would be more than willing to tell them what the problem is because they've not been rude and asked personal questions.
Yes I've griped about stuff in a fair amount of detail on a public forum and even hinted as to what I'm dealing with but I've still kept the really personal stuff to myself and anyway the problems I'm having aren't to do with my illness it's to do with the attitude and sheer c**yness of someone I have to deal with that really has no business in the area of work she's in if this is how she treats people.

Yes I am 36 thanks for reminding me so what does that have to do with anything?

Point is you'll never find out, there are those on here who most likely will but you're not one of them.
Feel free to think of me as freeloading workshy scum but until test results and health officials and what not say I'm perfectly fine then I'm happy and can rest easy knowing that I'm not.

There, now I've said that I'll not be posting about it anymore.