It's official Still Game is coming back

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/2115/still_game_to_return/

This delights me no end as Still Game is one of the few sitcoms I can watch over and over again and still find it as funny as the first time I saw it if not funnier and I'm not even Scottish.

Best of all we don't have long to wait as its coming back in the Autumn with all the main cast though no mention of Shug or Eric but fingers crossed.

Easily one of my all time favourite sitcoms. In my top 5 I would say. :)

Best sitcom news I have heard in ages!! Have got many much loved British comedies in my collection,but Still Game is probably my all time favourite.Bring it on!!!

Wonder if Peter Kay will guest? He was asking if he could before the show went off air and he was pictured in the audience for the Hydro live show . . . it would certainly give a network boost for the returning series . . .

Network boost? I doubt it's even needed as its been all over the web, papers etc.
Ironically the only place that doesn't seem to have something to say on the matter are these forums.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY THEYVE BEGUN FILMING!!!!!

http://m.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/14596872.Still_Game_begins_filming_TODAY_after_nine_year_break/

I've had an absolute shitter of a day and while we knew this was going to happen it's cheered me right up knowing that right this second filming is taking place.

Am so pleased it's happening. Ever since I heard SG was coming back I kept wondering if it would really come off. Now the filming has started I'm really looking forward to seeing the new shows!

Will it be shown at the Quay in Glasgow before broadcast for the laughter track to be recorded I wonder?

This is great news - I love Still Game. Along with Limmy's Show, it's my favourite Scottish comedy show :)

Speaking of that, I noticed an advert uses the Still Game theme tune (I can't remember what company it was an advert for). It must be copyright free? I read online that apparently a Nectar advert used it earlier this year as well.

I can't listen to that tune without breaking out in to a massive grin :D

Yeah had seen the ad and smiled. The song is Cuban Boy by The Cuban Boys.

Quote: malcy @ 9th July 2016, 2:56 PM BST

Yeah had seen the ad and smiled. The song is Cuban Boy by The Cuban Boys.

Ah ok, thanks for the info. That seems an ironically exotic song name for a show about a couple of old geezers in Craiglang :D