Victoria Wood As Seen on TV

Could it be? At last? The entire series uncut and unedited on DVD?

http://www.zetaminor.com/dvd/incoming_db/listing.php?id=2781

I certainly hope so...

Yes, I noticed that a few weeks ago. Looks possible.

I have been nagging for this for years!

sounds crazy, but I can die happy when I have this (but after I've watched it...)

There's been a lot of discussion on another thread about how People Like Us and Operation Good Guys came before The Office in terms of the mockumentary on TV. However I seem to remember a very funny and very touching mockumentary sketch on Victoria Wood about a cross channel swimmer.

Quote: Jason Kindred @ January 11, 2007, 10:24 AM

There's been a lot of discussion on another thread about how People Like Us and Operation Good Guys came before The Office in terms of the mockumentary on TV. However I seem to remember a very funny and very touching mockumentary sketch on Victoria Wood about a cross channel swimmer.

You are right. There is a small piece on here about it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/writersroom/insight/insight_victoriawood_p6.shtml

Quote: Jason Kindred @ January 11, 2007, 10:24 AM

Each week on 'Victoria Wood As Seen On TV' there was a mockumentary sketch. Although it is very commonplace now, it was quite rare back in the eighties.

Some classics included the 'Swim the Channel' one you mentioned, 'A Fairly Ordinary Man' starring the brilliant Jim Broadbent as Jim - the telephone deoderizer, 'On Campus' about student life, and 'Whither the Arts' which was a behind the scenes look at 'Bessie!' the musical based on Bessie Bunter.

Absolutely brilliant stuff.

The film “This is spinal tap” may well predate them all, 1984. Closely followed by Ms Wood.

Perhaps the Mockumentary debate need a thread of it’s own

Barry

Classic stuff - and unfortunately in my opinion Victoria was good at short sketches but dinnerladies seemed to me like a 70's ITV sitcom. (That means not very good)- although I've yet to see Acorn Antiques - the Musical which I'll bet is brilliant. Must see it on DVD Soon.

Now that I can't afford to buy "As Seen on TV" they
go and release it :( Oh well, when I'm better off
I'll buy it.

Roxy641