Upstart Crow - Series 1 Page 7

There's going to be a second series. It was announced over the closing titles.

Hooray :D

Boo....you beat me to it in the breaking news stakes. :P (I had to go to bed early :() But hooray on a second series. :D

Although one wonders, having now "done" all the well known ones, if the next series might not be too elitist to make for any good jokes..............

"Titus Andronicus" anyone?

it's bob! :D

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th June 2016, 10:13 AM BST

"Titus Andronicus" anyone?

Does that chat up line ever work?

Two Gentlemen of Verona... The Taming of the Shrew... Hamlet...Much ado about nothing... Othello...

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 11th June 2016, 4:05 PM BST

But it's all cheap, italophile. It's all been done before.

Yes, there's a real glut of Shakespeare sitcoms.

Have you heard of Beyond the Fringe though? Or read Pratchett? More fool you.

Can anyone say why it's on at 10pm? I've seen nothing in it that requires a late timeslot. This is an 8.30pm sitcom and if it was I'd have seen all of them instead of half. What are the Beeb up to? Angry

Utter rubbish.
800,000 viewers! lol

Quote: Charlie Boy @ 21st June 2016, 8:15 PM BST

Utter rubbish.
800,000 viewers! lol

Isn't that rather good for a sitcom on BBC2 at 10pm?

Episode 6 was the best of a poor series.I was very impressed with Gemma Whelan though who is apparently famous for appearing in something else.

Quote: wigwam willy @ 22nd June 2016, 12:18 AM BST

Episode 6 was the best of a poor series.I was very impressed with Gemma Whelan though who is apparently famous for appearing in something else.

She plays Hetty Feather's secret mum in 'Hetty Feather'. :)

I really enjoyed the series - and glad it's coming back for series 2.

Gemma Whelan has appeared in and/or directed NewsRevue from time to time. She's also done a lot of stand-up in the London circuit. Good on her for finally breaking into TV. :)

Quote: Woozie @ 21st June 2016, 9:21 PM BST

Isn't that rather good for a sitcom on BBC2 at 10pm?

That's a very good question!
No!

Episode one of The Tracey Ullman Show (screened at 10.45pm) was watched by 2.85m, the last episode was watched by 1.42m. - and that's getting a second series.

The potential is there for decent viewing figures, but no show has been screened worthy of it.

Even with the lack of live viewers, BBC, critics, fans etc can always bring up the iPlayer figures, but only when it suits them. iPlayer figures are a nonsense, anyway.

Upstart Crow was a poor comedy watched by a very small audience. It shouldn't get a second series.

Quote: Charlie Boy @ 22nd June 2016, 2:06 PM BST

That's a very good question!
No!

Episode one of The Tracey Ullman Show (screened at 10.45pm) was watched by 2.85m, the last episode was watched by 1.42m. - and that's getting a second series.

And it was a sketch show on BBC One in the winter months, not a sitcom on BBC Two in late spring/early summer, so you're comparing apples and oranges.

The truth is that the ratings weren't great, but they were higher than many shows and the series showed enough promise to warrant a recommission. The average overnight rating across the series was 928,333.