The all in one consolidated RIP thread Page 4

Smaller people aren't known for their longevity. Gary Coleman out of Diff'rent Strokes was 42 when he died.

I hope that doesn't apply for Warwick Davis.

...and Danny DeVito.

RIP - Piers Morgan
RIP - Robert Peston
RIP - Jeremy Clarkson
RIP - Gordon Ramsey
RIP - Simon Cowell

Sorry - wishful thinking but it's going to happen sooner or later.

Peter Shaffer passed away on holiday in Ireland on June 6th aged 90. It made me realise that as much as I love the film Amadeus I've never actually read the book. I really should get a copy because the script in that film is as exquisite as the music.

Oh I forgot Tony Bliar.

When I'm Prime Minister I'll introduce a rule that when someone dies you can only pay tribute if you thought about 'em at least once in the previous 5 years.

My second rule is, if someone posts on FB they're in a film you may only 'like' and comment if you thought about the f**ker once in the previous 25 years.

RIP Bud Spencer! He is/was a legend in Europe...does anybody in GB know him?

No. Nobody at all.

Gordon Murray RIP

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2016/jun/30/gordon-murray-obituary-creator-of-trumpton

Quote: A Horseradish @ 1st July 2016, 5:27 AM BST

Gordon Murray RIP

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2016/jun/30/gordon-murray-obituary-creator-of-trumpton

Teary
I loved those programmes. I've learned something today; I thought the names were Poo, Poo, Barley McGrew, Cuthbert, Dribble, Grubb.
I was a fan of Brian Cant too, met him a couple of times. I daren't check if he's still alive, I couldn't cope with more bad news.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 27th June 2016, 9:43 PM BST

No.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/jun/29/scotty-moore-guitarist-elvis-presley-early-hits-dies-aged-84

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 14th June 2016, 9:09 PM BST

Smaller people aren't known for their longevity. Gary Coleman out of Diff'rent Strokes was 42 when he died.

He didn't die from smallness.

:|

Quote: Chappers @ 14th June 2016, 10:27 PM BST

RIP - Piers Morgan
RIP - Robert Peston
RIP - Jeremy Clarkson
RIP - Gordon Ramsey
RIP - Simon Cowell

Sorry - wishful thinking but it's going to happen sooner or later.

You should form a band and release an updated version of Chumbawamba's little-known song Passenger list for doomed flight # 1721 (link and lyrics below).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdBPWCIsO2E

Attention please, this is the final call for flight one seven two one
Bill Gates, Richard Branson, Jack Straw, bye bye, all bye bye
Billy Graham, Gerhard Schroeder, Tony Blair, bye bye, all bye bye
Boris Yeltsin, Mick Hucknall, Tipper Gore, bye bye, all bye bye
Ian Paisley, Pauline Hanson, Courtney Love, bye bye
Goodbye, bye bye, goodbye, bye bye
Garry Bushell, Paul Condon, Ally McBeal, bye bye, all bye bye
Jean-Marie Le Pen, Janet Reno, Bill Clinton, bye bye, all bye bye
Judge Sabo, Bono, Howard Stern, bye bye, all bye bye
General Pinochet, Nicky Wire, Rupert Murdoch, bye bye

Always used to see his comedy Westerns (Bud Spencer and Terrance Hill) in the DVD specials bins in Australia. Never watched any. The styles of packaging and hair were too redolent of Smokey and the Bandit 3 for my liking. Any good? I vaguely recall he or Hill was in a Lucky Luke film, which seemed like a betrayal of the comic.

Quote: Loopey @ 1st July 2016, 7:52 AM BST

He didn't die from smallness.

Do you mean he didn't die due to medical conditions linked to smallness? His medical history would suggest otherwise. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Coleman

Quote: Kenneth @ 2nd July 2016, 4:50 AM BST

Always used to see his comedy Westerns (Bud Spencer and Terrance Hill) in the DVD specials bins in Australia. Never watched any. The styles of packaging and hair were too redolent of Smokey and the Bandit 3 for my liking. Any good? I vaguely recall he or Hill was in a Lucky Luke film, which seemed like a betrayal of the comic.

I absolutely loved the movies in the 80s. I think every boy and many male adults did back then. They were a guilty pleasure, the opposite of sophisticated.
I'd describe them as a cross between the Carry Ons and the A-Team. It was a series of unrelated films where Bud Spencer and Terrence Hill always played very similar characters in very similar stories set in different locations (Italy, USA or some exotic place) and sometimes different times (Western, early 20s etc.). But unlike in the Carry Ons the style wasn't dominated by sexual innuendo (although they've contained some of them) but by funny fist fights (see the clip below).
The story was always the same: Spencer (the fat one with the beard) and Hill (the good looking one) were two outsiders who didn't like each other very much but teamed up to help a young woman and her family against a mafia clan or corrupt politicians. They were always bickering with Hill provoking an annoyed Spencer with sarcastic remarks, making jokes about his weight or alleged low intelligence.
As you say, Terrence Hill made a big mistake by playing the titular role in Lucky Luke. Absolute crap.

RIP Carlo Pedersoli (AKA Bud Spencer)