Something and nothing

I am currently going through my DVD of the only surviving TV progs. featuring Jimmy Clitheroe...

See Amazon product listing

...which has all seven half-hour episodes of That's My Boy, along with the only surviving episode of sequel series Just Jimmy (which is a pity as it is the better I think, being nearer to the radio series with Danny Ross) and I noticed an odd coincidence.

That's My Boy has the late great Derek Guyler (who can forget Corky in Sykes :D) in it as Jimmy's Dad and Just Jimmy has the also late great (very young) Mollie Sugden as Jimmy's Mum - move forward 20 years or so and both Mollie and Derek appear in another sitcom ALSO called ... That's My Boy, which is nothing to do with the original JC series. Oo-er. Huh?

As I say ... something and nothing.

And how is it going? I quite like the radio shows.

Not a patch on the radio series I am afraid, but otherwise enjoyable. As there are only these 7 "That's My Boy" and the one "Just Jimmy" I am watching them as and when (if only to savour them) and have one more to watch - I know I have never seen them before as I have discovered that they were only broadcast in the North & North West at the time.

Bit weird though seeing a 42 or 48 year old (his birth is disputed) man playing a school boy!

Dated of course, but nonetheless amusing - as I originally posted, it is a shame that the ones that survived were not in reverse quantity as I think the Just Jimmy is the better of the series, if only because it has Danny Ross in it from the radio series, and those two made a great double act on the radio!

And so I make no excuse in airing again Danny Ross showing one of the best prat falls you are ever likely to see from "The Love Match" film, one of Arthur Askey's best. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vH9gm6YmvE