Angie Tribeca

Well, first off, I'll start by saying I don't like much US TV. However, I caught an advert for this on E4. It looked fantastic so I watched the first episode and it's chuffing brilliant.

Would be interested if anyone else likes it, or if we have any other converts such as me.

T

So when is it on?

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/angie-tribeca

Thursday 28th April, 9.30. E4.

just watched the first episode (based on your recommendation - so thanks)

It's pretty good, defo enjoyable - they've not quite nailed the whole police squad idea that they're trying to emulate but still, very nice stuff

:)

Rashida Jones is haaaaaawt

I have to agree.

Topless in the first 39 seconds

BOOM goes the dynamite

Pretty much a re-tread of Police Squad but sadly without the comic genius of Leslie Nielsen to make it work.

Let's just say it isn't exactly brilliant

"It isn't exactly brilliant"

Has Rashida Jones ever posed for Playboy?

Only... Angie's partner is J. Giels (sp?)

No

I've checked

Really checked

Just watched the first episode and each time as I decided I'd had enough they slipped in something to really make me laugh. Felt like there were a bit too many jokes and no plot/characters etc but will probably watch the second episode.

The other distraction was the quality of the guest stars - felt like I was watching Poirot or similar and playing "guess what they were in "

Cuban Fury was the one that took longest if you're interested :)

Glad to hear good things about this.

Definitely on my "to watch" list.

Series 2 is out now too. YAY. Probably my favourite American sitcom ever...but that really isn't saying much.