Things I don't understand... Page 2

I used to get my scrapbook signed by Chelsea players after training. I then found a few photos hadn't been signed so forged a few myself. Now I can't remember which ones are genuine.

Why do people take photos on holiday of famous landmarks that don't include themselves or any other information that makes it personal?

I'm guilty of quick snaps featuring random scenery and I can kind of appreciate taking a selfie in front of something as a token of "I have been here and here's proof!"

Everyone should be limited to one location photo, so you better make it a good'un. A first photo in an album to tell a story but no more after that.

Quote: Lee @ 20th May 2016, 11:15 PM BST

Why do people take photos on holiday of famous landmarks that don't include themselves or any other information that makes it personal?

I do it because I usually travel on my own and I'm not co-ordinated enough to do selfies.

Why do some people think it's ok to pluck their eyebrows/random hairs on their face on public transport? Same goes for clipping your nails.

Quote: reds @ 21st May 2016, 1:49 AM BST

I do it because I usually travel on my own and I'm not co-ordinated enough to do selfies.

Why do some people think it's ok to pluck their eyebrows/random hairs on their face on public transport? Same goes for clipping your nails.

Nose picking is even worse.

I don't understand why my emergency NHS appointment has come through for 5 weeks time and my routine NHS appt has come through for next week.

People who drive...or think they can drive, in flip-flops, is it even legal??

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 21st May 2016, 2:55 PM BST

People who drive...or think they can drive, in flip-flops, is it even legal??

It is in the States. I do it all the time and I can't say that it affects my driving at all.

Just had a look at the RAC website and though it's not illegal, it's definitely not recommended for reasons of lack of grip and the sole being too soft. Amazingly neither is driving barefoot illegal, then again, most people wouldn't do it for reasons of comfort.

On the other end of the scale, driving with snowboots etc can be just as bad, as there's not enough feeling through the thick soles to sense the pedals.

I think I'll stick to my socks, best play safe.

I tried to drive in big clunky boots the other day, was a nightmare.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 21st May 2016, 3:27 PM BST

Just had a look at the RAC website and though it's not illegal, it's definitely not recommended for reasons of lack of grip and the sole being too soft. Amazingly neither is driving barefoot illegal, then again, most people wouldn't do it for reasons of comfort.

On the other end of the scale, driving with snowboots etc can be just as bad, as there's not enough feeling through the thick soles to sense the pedals.

I think I'll stick to my socks, best play safe.

How about skis? Is that safer?

I think I'll stick to my socks.

You should change them more often.

My dad use to have driving shoes. Must say I driver better in familiar shoes.

You can't beat a pair of F1 Sparcos for cycling. Cool

Quote: Chappers @ 24th May 2016, 10:44 PM BST

How about skis? Is that safer?

Yay! At last Chappers you made a comment that was funny. :D I like it. Laughing out loud

I think I'll stick to my socks.

Quote: Nick Nockerty @ 25th May 2016, 7:25 AM BST

;)

Quote: Nick Nockerty @ 25th May 2016, 7:25 AM BST

:D

There's about 5 threads on this kind of theme.

What I don't understand? Yes I know I'm getting old but....

OK. Well Tattoos to start with. Right well it's a losing battle.

Neck Tattoos. I worked with someone about 10 year ago and I couldn't understand it.

But ultimately - facial tattoos. They really aren't acceptable are they?