Class Dismissed, CBBC Page 8

Quote: Bluemeany @ 10th May 2016, 7:31 PM BST

Just got a rejection letter too...

Mine did say that the submission made it through to the 2nd stage, but not to the final twenty that were given to the producers... ah well.

Onwards and upwards everyone :)

Got this message too, but am quite chuffed to have made it to stage two.

Us too! I thought it was an encouraging email and we're very pleased to have been long listed. :)

Also got rejected but long-listed which happy about. It was wonderfully cruel to open the email by congratulating us on getting to the second stage, only to then say that's as far we got!

Yep, got through stage two as well but got no further.

The past five or six writing competitions/opportunities I've entered I've been longlisted, shortlisted or I've had something recorded but not broadcast. Bit frustrating (guess I shouldn't complain but I still will :) ).

Well done to those who made it!

Quote: JockieWrites @ 10th May 2016, 9:06 PM BST

Also got rejected but long-listed which happy about. It was wonderfully cruel to open the email by congratulating us on getting to the second stage, only to then say that's as far we got!

I thought the first part of the email made it look like we hadn't made it. The second part made it look like we had. And then the third and final part made it very clear that we hadn't. A sort-of opposite 'compliment sandwich'.

Yep, also through to second stage but not to the hallowed ground in front of the producers.

Just got the rejection letter. But I'm now one step closer. To the next rejection letter. I have decided to fake my suicide so people will appreciate my talent.

I just got a plain old rejection so well done on all those who at least got to the longlist!

Good skills!

J x

This initiative has re-opened for 2017. I've just submitted my two sketches (both about Mrs Tucker). The deadline is 5th May. http://www.bbc.co.uk/writersroom/opportunities/class-dismissed-sketch-writing-initiative

I stuck to Mr Schofield sketches in the end. As is often the case, the last minute sketch I wrote turned out to be better than the one I spent days cultivating.

We sent in one about Tammy and one about a new teacher. Good luck everyone! :)

Yes, we sent one for Tammy and one for Mr Capp. Good luck all!

Did anyone get a response back from them this time around? I put my email on my application but I didn't receive a rejection email but of course I didn't get anything or i'd have been invited to attend the shortlist meeting. Does anyone know how I can contact them?

Hi - I think the responses are coming out end of this week. They had the 'meeting' last week. This is what was on the original timelines on the Writersroom info. Good luck!

Whoops. I sent an email to them because I assumed the meeting in Salford would have involved the shortlisted candidates. Great - now i'm going to sound like a pushy twat. Thanks for letting me know!

I wouldn't worry about it. Most producers know us writers can't follow instruction!