Class Dismissed, CBBC Page 7

I had a go at this. First time writing a TV script and had a lot of fun writing visual gags.
It's be interesting to know what characters other people went for. I did a Mr Schofield and a Mrs Tucker sketch. I also wrote a PE Teacher one but although I liked it I realised I hadn't stuck to the character brief.

Ours are in! We did one for Miss Clover and one for a New Teacher.

Good luck everyone!

:)

I had a go at this too. One with Mrs Tucker, one with the Headteacher.

Sent a couple in just now :)

I did one for the Head and another for Mr Potter (featuring a cameo from Mr Scofield).

I watched some of the Series 1 episodes that are up on YouTube. I may be 20 years older than their demographic but it's pretty funny... I might watch more.

Interestingly, I notice that the BBC Writers room ' Your Submissions' page now lists the deadline as 18:00 rather than 17:00 as it did before... don't know if this means that you can still make changes, but I've decided not to press anything.

...I am a very 'up to the deadline' type of writer. :$

One for Miss Clover. One for the nameless PE Teacher.

Quote: Yacob Wingnut @ 15th April 2016, 1:17 PM BST

One for Miss Clover. One for the nameless PE Teacher.

I think his name *is* P.E. Teacher. Like the initials stand for something like Paul Edward.

Nope. They didn't give him (or the Head teacher) a name.

I wrote one for Mrs Tucker which featured the Headteacher who I didn't name, then one for the PE Teacher, who I gave a name to.

J x

Gutted to have missed this but alas has overtaken me the last couple of months.

Good luck to all who entered think this is one of the most fun opportunities out there!

Has anyone on here been told whether you've been shortlisted or not? On the website it says there's a shortlist meeting on the 6th of May, just wondering whether that is a meeting of those who've been shortlisted or a meeting to decide the shortlist? I hate hanging around waiting for a rejection email.

As I understand it, it's a meeting to decide the shortlist. They'll let us know either way won't they, the BBC usually do!

J x

According to the website they will notify the shortlisted writers (and presumably those who aren't) on 16 May.

Good luck!

Got my rejection today, check your inboxes folks. Good luck.

Just got a rejection letter too...

Mine did say that the submission made it through to the 2nd stage, but not to the final twenty that were given to the producers... ah well.

Onwards and upwards everyone :)