Complete Series of (DVDs) Network

Well with Network finally working on and actively planning full releases of

Sykes
Till Death Us Do Part etc..etc

from the March email

So now we are almost back where we started, having recently concluded an agreement with the BBC to revisit some of our older releases as well as bring a lot of new material to add to our range. Towards the end of the year and beyond we'll be releasing complete* series box sets of shows that we'd distributed many years ago including 'The Goodies', 'Till Death Us Do Part' and 'Sykes' amongst rarer fare like 'All Passion Spent' and 'Johnny Jarvis', some Screen Two presentations such as 'The Vision', bafflingly unreleased classics like 'The Life And Times Of David Lloyd George' and much more.

What other BBC gems could/should Network look at now they are working again with the BBC?

Simply Media and Dazzler are also releasing a fair bit of BBC material these days.

I would throw It's Marty/Marty, Scott On..., That Was The Week That Was and The Frost Report into the mix.

very happy with Simply Media and to finally see Happy Ever After coming out :D

What about 2point4 Children? Surely that's worth putting on DVD. Also Beggar My Neighbour & the Harry Worth sitcoms.

2point4 Children didn't sell well when it was first released, but could return via someone as the same was true for the original Birds Of A Feather DVD.

Beggar My Neighbour is a very good candidate - it has certainly been requested. Harry Worth, also, a good contender. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Before Network made it through all the BBC series, Birds Of A Feather Series 1 was released twice before.

This is the image used in the Network announcement for BBC DVDs.

http://i.imgur.com/G4WA7KD.jpg

What are the shows in the pics? Huh?

Quote: Dazzman @ 2nd May 2016, 10:11 AM BST

This is the image used in the Network announcement for BBC DVDs.

http://i.imgur.com/G4WA7KD.jpg

What are the shows in the pics? Huh?

As noted elsewhere, The Goodies, Sykes, Till Death Us Do Part, and a bunch of dramas.

Forgot to mention "The Dick Emery Show" that would be a very good show to release. Think some of the episodes may have been wiped but it would still be a very large box set.

Yes, lots wiped, sadly. Would so very dearly love to see the rest.

I'm so glad about Sykes (I suppose you could say I'm psyched? I'll get me coat...)

Is there a rough release date? And when they say 'complete series' do they mean a rerelease of series one or a whole boxset of all the series?

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 6th May 2016, 2:39 PM BST

Is there a rough release date? And when they say 'complete series' do they mean a rerelease of series one or a whole boxset of all the series?

I understand the first releases are hoped to be out by the end of the year.

Whether things will be re-released, whether there'll be individual series releases, or whether it'll be just single complete sets, I'm afraid I don't know yet.

Complete sets would be good whether they include Series 1 (Sykes for example) or not. Some of those older releases are hard and pricey to get hold of. Till Death Us Do Part comes to mind.

Delighted that Network have now put some very long overdue comedy up for pre-order. So that Till Death Us Do Part future release mentioned on this forum was absolutely true. I wonder what will exactly be included on that 8 disc set? They have mentioned the audio recordings of the missing episodes but what about all those little bits & pieces that survive will they be included? They also mention the recently discovered episode so that looks like being included. I can't wait to get my hands on this little lot, they sound exciting.

Info coming soon, marac. :)

Great news about Till Death. Any news on Sykes?