The all in one consolidated RIP thread Page 2

Speaking of which (and good on him) how come Keith Richards is still standing? :S

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 22nd April 2016, 11:56 AM BST

Speaking of which (and good on him) how come Keith Richards is still standing? :S

1. Superman-genes
2. He probably stopped taking drugs/drinking at the right point in his life. He couldn't go on with his old lifestyle for much longer without facing serious consequences. Take Lemmy, he obviously had a great physical constitution as well, but at one point his body couldn't handle the stress and the drugs anymore. Ok, in the end it was the cancer what finished him off. But his health started to decline earlier...one organ after another, pancreas, heart etc. He could have become hundred if he had stopped about ten years ago.

The way I see it, whether these personalities/public figures/artists have fallen victim to a hedonistic lifestyle or not, they all share one thing in common.

"We all die but few of us truly live" as someone said when Bowie died, and they all truly did.

If I had my life over again and had a choice between living every day to the max but only seeing a little past middle age or bumbling along being average for 3 score and ten, I know what I'd choose.

I'd prefer to burn myself out having found fulfilment by achieving my full potential any day, as that way you also won't have any regrets regarding opportunities missed.

So respect to all those we have lost and great job - but you've earned a rest now. Wave

Looks like Phil Mitchell has been blessed with the cloak of invisibility as far as the grim reaper is concerned.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 22nd April 2016, 11:56 AM BST

I expect the great Jerry Lewis to check into the great comedy hall in the sky before much longer.

Quote: DaButt @ 22nd April 2016, 10:37 PM BST

I expect the great Jerry Lewis to check into the great comedy hall in the sky before much longer.

Saw a documentary about his great, lost film project, The Day The Clown Cried. Quite impressive.

I was impressed that BBC news devoted quite a lot of time yesterday to the subject of if more celebrities are dying nowadays than ever before.

Quick off the mark, aren't they? What a novel thought.

I just found out Adolf Hitler died. I'm like Oh NO, he was my all-time favourite totalitarian Nazi dictator ever! He was what got me into genocide, international conflict and fascism in the first place. RIP Adolf. Loves yer babes.

He too was known to dress in casual sportswear.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 29th April 2016, 8:12 AM BST

I just found out Adolf Hitler died. I'm like Oh NO, he was my all-time favourite totalitarian Nazi dictator ever! He was what got me into genocide, international conflict and fascism in the first place. RIP Adolf. Loves yer babes.

Well he would be 127 years old if he was still alive.

Born: April 20, 1889

http://news.sky.com/story/1687018/hi-de-hi-actor-barry-howard-dies-aged-78

Quote: billwill @ 29th April 2016, 2:24 PM BST

Well he would be 127 years old if he was still alive.

Good age! Very good age! Astonishing! But...he didn't reach it, so it's all academic now I suppose.

When Jigsaw died I was like, Oh NO... I mean, hello? This dude was like ONLY my favourite ever mentally deranged, terminally ill fictitious multiple torture merchant planting keys in your ocular cavity so you gotta gouge your eye out with a rusty, rugged razor blade before the bear trap subtly fastened round your neck snaps shut, hereby smashing and crunching and scrunching every bone in you face to bloody jagged fragments OF ALL TIME. RIP Saw. Loves yer babes.