I Want My Wife Back

A bit too Worst Week Of My Life for me.

I loved that but this has too many similarities. Obviously Ben Miller is the common denominator but he had the neurotic stalker in that too.

In its way it was funny but not original.

Admittedly it featured the gorgeous Caroline Catz and Jan Francis but is that enough? (Maybe!)

One word; Relentless.

It never took a breath. It was going at 100mph and I ended up going to bed unamused and with a headache. I'll pass the rest of the series by, I think.

Quote: Woozie @ 21st April 2016, 8:38 AM BST

One word; Relentless.

It never took a breath. It was going at 100mph and I ended up going to bed unamused and with a headache. I'll pass the rest of the series by, I think.

It really is quite a feat, to cram so many jokes into a half-hour programme and still telegraph most of them.

Quote: Chappers @ 21st April 2016, 12:00 AM BST

A bit too Worst Week Of My Life for me.

I loved that but this has too many similarities. Obviously Ben Miller is the common denominator

Plus the writers, producers, and production company.

I enjoyed Episode 1. A lot of set-up. Looking forward to Episode 2.

It was too annoying for me :)

I thought this showed signs of potential. I found the first episode very watchable, however some people have compared to The Worst Week Of My Life which I've never seen.

Quote: G180e @ 24th April 2016, 9:24 PM BST

I thought this showed signs of potential. I found the first episode very watchable, however some people have compared to The Worst Week Of My Life which I've never seen.

Watch it. It was brilliant and featured the gorgeous Sarah Alexander.

The Worst Week of My Life, that's exactly what came in my mind while watching this.

Quote: Chappers @ 24th April 2016, 11:18 PM BST

Watch it. It was brilliant and featured the gorgeous Sarah Alexander.

What's wrong with the gorgeous Caroline Catz?

Secondly, what's wrong with women being funny instead of just reacting to the men?

I Want My Half-Hour Back

I would take the Worst Week comparison further and say it is a sequel. It's certainly what's called a 'spiritual successor'. If we call Murray, instead, Howard and pretend his first marriage fell apart after one too many disasters, he gets divorced and marries Bex.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 2nd May 2016, 8:24 AM BST

What's wrong with the gorgeous Caroline Catz?

Secondly, what's wrong with women being funny instead of just reacting to the men?

Definitely nothing at all wrong with Caroline Catz - apart from appearing in a Culture Club video

Quote: Dave @ 2nd May 2016, 10:46 PM BST

I would take the Worst Week comparison further and say it is a sequel. It's certainly what's called a 'spiritual successor'. If we call Murray, instead, Howard

Or H'ard.

Quote: bushbaby @ 21st April 2016, 12:53 PM BST

It was too annoying for me :)

A bit too predictable really. Sorry!

The word that springs to mind is 'laboured' as I think it's trying too hard but not altogether sure as I found my mind wandering then realised I was staring at the wall which is never a good sign.

Love Ben Miller but just don't find his character plausible so is probably just the writing.

Am just not biting as concept doesn't work for me. Needs to be a tad less forced, more plausible or made more sinister . . . a black comedy.

Quote: Lazzard @ 2nd May 2016, 8:47 AM BST

I Want My Half-Hour Back

Put perfectly - a gift! :P

I thought The Worst Week of my Life was brilliant - so original. It made me cringe every week but this was just like a carbon copy.

the writers are obviously good and so are the actors. Just please do something different - original.