Ok to write about people without permission? Page 2

They should probably have told you. The photos are different though - I believe the copyright lies with whoever took them so, even if you're in them, it doesn't matter what they do with them.

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ 18th April 2016, 1:07 PM BST

They should probably have told you. The photos are different though - I believe the copyright lies with whoever took them so, even if you're in them, it doesn't matter what they do with them.

Dan

Actually, come to think of it, I've heard that.
Wasn't there someone on here yonks ago, objecting to a photographer using shots of their stand-up without permission...?

Yes Sootyj hadn't gone to the gym that day!

Quote: Lazzard @ 18th April 2016, 1:10 PM BST

Actually, come to think of it, I've heard that.
Wasn't there someone on here yonks ago, objecting to a photographer using shots of their stand-up without permission...?

Well, even that 'smiley monkey' pic was judged to be copyright the monkey who took it, rather than the photographer who set it all up, because he took it himself! http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/22/monkey-selfies-copyright-lawsuit-peta

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ 18th April 2016, 1:07 PM BST

Dan

Not quite true, methinx. I seem to remember that some fanous celebrities managed to copyright their faces, so could not be printed in photos without licencing.

But I don't recall the details at all.

Quote: billwill @ 18th April 2016, 5:00 PM BST

Not quite true, methinx. I seem to remember that some fanous celebrities managed to copyright their faces, so could not be printed in photos without licencing.

But I don't recall the details at all.

Most footballers have image rights in their contracts.

I hope I'm not breaking any rules but I'd like to congratulate Slag/A on the highlight of his career, qualifying for a bus pass, photo and all.