Lesser known sitcoms starring sitcom greats

I did an article for my website recently looking at forgotten sitcoms which starred big names from the world of sitcom:

http://www.curiousbritishtelly.co.uk/2016/04/5-lesser-known-british-sitcoms-starring.html

Any other examples that people can think of?

P.s. hope this thread doesn't breach any self-promotion rules etc!

A very good thread, Ben! I'll start with L For Lester.

A fine start there, Aaron, and one that I have to profess to having absolutely no prior knowledge of.

Someone on Twitter suggested Harry H Corbett in 'Grundy' from 1980 and that's also a great suggestion.

Tripper's Day!

Quote: Ben @ 18th April 2016, 12:52 PM BST

Someone on Twitter suggested Harry H Corbett in 'Grundy' from 1980 and that's also a great suggestion.

Ah! With Lynda Baron and Veruca Salt herself, Julie Dawn Cole! Wish I could see it.

Quote: Aaron @ 18th April 2016, 1:17 PM BST

Ah! With Lynda Baron and Veruca Salt herself, Julie Dawn Cole! Wish I could see it.

I believe it's still in the archives, so I may book in to watch it at the BFI Archive at some point.

Unbroadcast pilot wiped, but the series proper all exists, yes. If it's available to just go in and watch at the BFI like that, definitely worth a go!

They can get most things as long as they're still in the broadcaster's archive, so I shall investigate on my next visit!

Not sure this is a lesser known sitcom but I'll say The Lovers with Richard Beckinsale.

Quote: Ivor Hardy @ 18th April 2016, 3:50 PM BST

Not sure this is a lesser known sitcom but I'll say The Lovers with Richard Beckinsale.

It's definitely overshadowed by Rising Damp and Porridge, so it's a worthy nomination!

Would Hardware be considered lesser known? Martin Freeman and Peter Serafinowicz.

Maybe the better question is if Freeman and Serafinowicz would be considered sitcom greats... Laughing out loud

I'd forgotten all about Hardware! That takes me back.

I think Freeman's earned the title of a great thanks to The Office!

Dont know if "Watching" would be classed as a lesser known sitcom, there were 56 episodes of it.

The woman who played Malcolm's mother was Patsy Byrne, who played Nursey in Blackadder II.

Ken Morley also was in 1 episode, he played Von Flockenstuffen in 'Allo 'Allo! as well as Reg in Coronation Street.

Ken Jones played Uncle Bernard, he was also 'Orrible Ives in Porridge.

Believe Nothing with Rik Mayall?

Two In Clover - Sid James

Mann's Best Friend - Fulton Mackay

No - That's Me Over Here! - Ronnie Corbett

Timothy West was very funny in Brass.