The most underrated comedy of all time? Page 18

Ha, Dave Foley was always my favourite at the time, but now I think a lot of my favourite sketches involved Kevin (or Mark being the Chicken Lady). Every one of them was hilarious though.
I will have a look for the autobiography!

The thing with Kids In The Hall is that no bugger I ever come across knows who they are yet KITH-related stuff turns up all the time with the two weirdest being they were an answer on Pointless a few weeks ago (and a pointless answer) and back in my drinking days a few of us got rather bollocksed and ended up watching the Spice Girls Movie for some reason and Mark turned up in in that stood behind Norm from Cheers not saying a word just grinning like a loon.

Sadly, the man died before I was born and I never saw him in his heyday. But, after catching some clips of him on YouTube, I can only conclude that Arthur Haynes was an effing genius. His comic timing and reactions are out of this world. Criminally underrated.

Brittas Empire is up there for me.

First 5 series are a blast- culminating in series 5 which is just brilliant. Almost all the characters are likable with one or two exceptions, Chris Barrie well on form, fun and memorable episode concepts, well written and well delivered especially by Barrie.

It's the sort of show that is easy for critics to look down their collective nose at, but I think it's a delight- genuinely fun, extremely re-watchable and loads of laughs- if you take out series 6 and 7 which are certainly sub-par.

I never missed Brush Stokes. Good old Elmo.

I think Vic and Bob's House of Fools is severely underrated.

And Catterick.

I always thought The Thin Blue Line and The Brittas Empire were underrated, both classic 90s sitcoms IMO.

Men Behaving Badly, although was hugely popular in the 1990s, gets next to no acknowledgement these days.

Maybe there should be a thread on comedies that are no longer appreciated.

Bottom and Rab C Nesbitt

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 28th September 2017, 11:56 AM

Bottom and Rab C Nesbitt

Gregor Fisher as Rab C... oh my, I don't know of a naturally more funnier character.

I have to say Kevin can wait season 1 after firing her it wont last

My 5675907507540740th shout out for Happy Families.

Thinking about it, I realised that most of my favourite lines are down to delivery and not content. There's many classics that could be easily ruined by poorly timed acting.

As Frank Carson will tell you "it's the way you tell 'em!"

One of my favourites is off OFAH. Rodney hates his new job as a chief mourner, as well as the typical attire required to wear for it. In dispute with Del:

Del: Anyway, I thought that black suit looked really good on you!

Rodney: No it doesn't! I saw a reflection of myself in the window, I look like a WAND!

The Nutt House
Lazarus and Dingwall