Open submissions - Unspun Page 8

I've just got the rejection email today!

J x

Day 48 - still waiting...

Is anybody else still waiting to hear?

Yep, I've still heard nothing. Emailed them the other day to ask, but not heard back yet.

This was a TV opp, so it's likely they can't respond to everybody. Just move onto the next opportunity, willya?

Bit patronising that, Paul, dontchathink? A 10-second followup email to see if we've been overlooked or are still being considered for some work doesn't exactly take a lot of time from other projects. Not like we're marching up and down with placards here.

Submitting is pain, end of.

I got my rejection the other day. I must say I'm very impressed they take the time to write back to everyone and let them know one way or another.

I'd say hearing nothing means you might still be in the mix. I mean they've got to choose someone haven't they!

Just found out about this on twitter -a similar opportunity, looking for two sides of A4 (although are they still sides when it is the internet?) for a satirical comedy show:

http://www.britainsgotsatire.com/#!writing-competition/cfvg

Onward! Etc.

Quote: kate to the party @ 25th March 2016, 9:59 PM GMT

Just found out about this on twitter -a similar opportunity, looking for two sides of A4 (although are they still sides when it is the internet?) for a satirical comedy show:

http://www.britainsgotsatire.com/#!writing-competition/cfvg

Onward! Etc.

It's daft calling this a writing competition, this is a writing and performing comp. Worth trying something different though.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 26th March 2016, 9:17 PM GMT

It's daft calling this a writing competition, this is a writing and performing comp. Worth trying something different though.

Why is it a writing and performing competition?

Because you have to perform it on video?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 28th March 2016, 10:55 AM BST

Because you have to perform it on video?

You don't have to. They've given that as an option for writer-performers, but you can just submit 2 pages of written stuff too. Here's the relevant bit from the webpage:

"What we need from you - Two minutes of topical comedy performed on video (delivered to us via a YouTube or Vimeo link) or two A4 pages of topical material submitted in a .Docx, .Doc, or .Pdf format."

I'm still waiting...anybody else?

Yep, I never heard back either.

I think we will, simply because they said they would send your work back to you. I was the last to submit (11.59pm 31st Jan), also last to receive the 'passed on to producers' email (judging by the above discussion), so I imagine, I will also be last to be rejected.Either that or we're on the 'maybe' pile....or our stuff is in the bin and we'll keep posting on here for the rest of our lives!