What is Easter?

OK - now being a comedy site I expect there'll be loads of smartarse answers. But whilst I'm sure about 90% of you know what Good Friday is about I worry that so many kids nowadays have no idea.

Yes I realise that Christmas took over a Pagan Festival.

Angelic

RESURRECTION

Jesus coming out of a cave?

To me it really is just about bunnies and chicks and Easter eggs. And weekend TV being on weekdays.

It's a festival that demonstrates that Christianity is a primitive religion that believes in sacrifice.

Early religions sacrificed captured enemies, when that didn't work they took to sacrificing maidens, princesses etc of their own people.

The old Celtic Pagan religions used to sacrifice their king, but Christianity tries to go one better and sacrifices the son of the God.

And the rising is to do with spring and return of growth etc. Death and rebirth. Spring.

For me its just a bank holiday weekend. No chocolate eggs, no religion, just a couple of extra days off work.

If only I could get my Christmas to this state too.

Quote: Chappers @ 25th March 2016, 5:28 PM GMT

OK - now being a comedy site I expect there'll be loads of smartarse answers. But whilst I'm sure about 90% of you know what Good Friday is about I worry that so many kids nowadays have no idea.

Yes I realise that Christmas took over a Pagan Festival.

Taking up your point about whether children have any idea what it is about, I'd like to think that they do regardless of beliefs. Learning about the world's religious customs, beliefs, rituals, celebrations etc is part of our history and therefore should be part of our education.

Kittens and rainbows and fairies, oh my!

Quote: fopdoodle @ 26th March 2016, 10:31 AM GMT

Kittens and rainbows and fairies, oh my!

Chocolate eggs, toy chicks and rabbits here. I'll swap the lot for your rainbow and fairies. You can keep the kittens.

I've just had a hot cross bun and am seriously considering having another because I am dizzy with all this Easter madness . . .

The kittens are mine, bitches.

I only have apple and cinnamon hot cross buns, which I haven't tried yet. I fear they're not proper.

Quote: zooo @ 26th March 2016, 10:58 AM GMT

The kittens are mine, bitches.

I only have apple and cinnamon hot cross buns, which I haven't tried yet. I fear they're not proper.

You can have all the kittens and cats where I live. I will post them immediately.

Where did you get the buns from? I can't stand the ones with currants in them but I think I'd like apple and cinnamon. I might persuade my OH to go and get some.

Yay!

I got them from Tesco! They had piles of 'em.

Easter is time for bunnies..........