Things that piss you off Page 1,654

Quote: Lazzard @ 15th March 2016, 9:28 AM GMT

In short, cost.
To perform the song you just need to buy the publishing rights.
To buy the actual song you need the rights to the record/performance etc.

Ah.

Sometimes they play bad specially recorded cover versions of songs in shops.
They're so bad I assumed they weren't allowed to make an exact copy of the song, and had to make it a rubbish only-vaguely-similar version.

Sometimes the original versions grate more than the covers. Mentioning no names........R*bb*e Wil*iams.....

Remember the Stars on 45 Records? They got away with it I think because it was only a percentage of the track. An advert by its very nature is only about, say, 30 seconds long.

4 year olds. They really piss me off. All of them. Especially one in particular. They learn a little bit of phonics and they think they can read the shit out of everything. 35 minutes it took to walk a 3 minute journey. Why??? I tell you why. We had to stop at every f**king word she saw. Street signs..."ga (pause for a minute)...aaah (ponder for two minutes) rer der (just go silent for no f**king reason for a minute) eeee nanana ssss. Gardens" Road signs. Even the lollipop lady had to hold up traffic for 10 minutes, because the little shit was rooted to the spot in the middle of the road. "Seeeeeee ter ooooooh per. Stop".
Little shit.

Is she teaching you? Or making you feel inferior?

Probably trying to teach me. She is a 4 year old expert on everything.

My 4-year-old grandson held up a tube of toothpaste and asked what gingivitis is.

Quote: Charley @ 16th March 2016, 11:27 PM GMT

Probably trying to teach me. She is a 4 year old expert on everything.

Where on earth does she get these delusions from?

Ha! Did you explain truthfully or try to use it to your advantage like I do when asked questions."What's an ovary mummy?" "It's what girls get when they lie about how many biscuits they took from the cookie jar!" For eg.

Quote: Chappers @ 16th March 2016, 11:31 PM GMT

Where on earth does she get these delusions from?

Cbeebies

Quote: Charley @ 16th March 2016, 11:36 PM GMT

Ha! Did you explain truthfully or try to use it to your advantage like I do when asked questions."What's an ovary mummy?" "It's what girls get when they lie about how many biscuits they took from the cookie jar!" For eg.

Cbeebies

Don't you mean Cboobies?

Have you thought of picking up the aforesaid shit and carrying her to where you're going? I'm an old fogey who thinks people are too obsequious to weans these days. They've hardly been in the world any time and have a lot to learn.

Quote: keewik @ 17th March 2016, 12:12 AM GMT

Have you thought of picking up the aforesaid shit and carrying her to where you're going? I'm an old fogey who thinks people are too obsequious to weans these days. They've hardly been in the world any time and have a lot to learn.

Yes I have but she bites and kicks me in the hoo haa with the back of her heel. It is a better that I just allow her to rule us all. I will just leave half an hour earlier than I need to to go anywhere until she gets bored of "sounding shit out".

Quote: Charley @ 17th March 2016, 9:09 AM GMT

Yes I have but she bites and kicks me..

Stick her on roller skates and dangle a mars bar in front of her. It's worked so well with my two we've got rid of the car.

Good idea! Laughing out loud

When I email someone a two sentence problem, including the reason why it has occurred and they email me back asking if the problem is the exact one I stated- in the exact words I just used. YES! Yes! the problem is one I told you about in ENGLISH and which only has one possible meaning.