Newsjack 2016 Page 21

I got the good email. Definitely a one-liner as I didn't have time to write any sketches this week.

It's becoming a very happy habit indeed :D

A resounding return to form for me this week, without any hits or near misses. Congratulations to everyone who made it on.

Quote: Eustace H Plimsoll @ 10th March 2016, 7:44 PM GMT

I got the good email. Definitely a one-liner as I didn't have time to write any sketches this week.

It's becoming a very happy habit indeed :D

Hello Eustace H.

There must be a gag somewhere about Plimsoll lines floating the producers' boat.
Congratulations to you, and to others who hit the spot or came close.

Well done everyone!

Well done to all who got on. I look forward to hearing your work:-)

Yep, the used one of m' one liners. Mine was: Jerry Hall holds second ceremony in registry office, after Murdoch's guests can't enter church without turning to ash.

Quote: Bluemeany @ 10th March 2016, 11:21 PM GMT

Yep, the used one of m' one liners. Mine was: Jerry Hall holds second ceremony in registry office, after Murdoch's guests can't enter church without turning to ash.

I like that. Well done.

We asked which item was recorded but cut - it was a sketch about an Arms Fair. :)

Congratulations to everyone who got on, or nearly did this week.
I had a frustrating moment when I heard the (very funny) Peanut Butter sketch as it was similar to one I didn't send in and sat there thinking "That could've been meeee!". But still, one more week to be hilarious.

Three weeks after asking what material of mine was recorded for, but edited out of the second episode, I get a reply. Apparently my sketch about superhero movies was recorded, but removed.

Nice to know.

Quote: TheKingLobotomy @ 11th March 2016, 11:35 PM GMT

Three weeks after asking what material of mine was recorded for, but edited out of the second episode, I get a reply. Apparently my sketch about superhero movies was recorded, but removed.

Nice to know.

Anyone who's been to a live show - how long are they? What kind of percentage gets recorded but cut would you guess?

Quote: Wifington @ 10th March 2016, 6:01 PM GMT

I got the ALMOST email. Better than a kick in the face :) I found it particularly difficult this week so it was a welcome surprise. Well done if you made it. One week of panic to go!

This was the oneliner that almost made it:
Maria Sharapova has been dropped by sponsor Nike, following a positive drugs test at the Australian Open. Sharapova insists the sponsor knew about her drug use and claims they told her to Just Do It

Just heard a repeat of the latest Now Show on Radio 4. That was one of Steve's jokes this week! Parallel thinking, I suppose!

I also got the almost email this week! :D

Quote: Exe Chris @ 12th March 2016, 8:42 AM GMT

Anyone who's been to a live show - how long are they? What kind of percentage gets recorded but cut would you guess?

I would say the ratio of 'in' to 'cut' is about 75:25.

Nicky Morgan.

Nothing for me last week, just sent off the final sketch submissions with a solitary tear in my eye.

Well done those who got on the last episode, and good luck for Episode 6!