Which sitcom series stopped a bit too early? Page 4

I truly believe that 8 Simple Rules For Dating My Teenage Daughter, just like John Ritter's heart, stopped way too soon.

But hey at least we got Kaley Cuoco out of the deal.

Two series that were criminally short at just one each were Plus One and Respectable

Plus One on C4 stars Daniel Mays as Rob who loses his girlfriend to 'Duncan from Blue' whom she plans to marry. Rob's been invited to the wedding but he needs a plus one to show his ex he's over her. Humour wise it's in the vein of Inbetweeners and Peep Show, often near the knuckle but very funny. It's resolved in the 5fth and final episode but there was still enough left in the tank for a 2nd series. Mind you a couple of reviewers on IMBD disagree with me.

Respectable was a 2006 series on C5 and stars Justin Edwards as a man in a loveless marriage who visits his local suburban brothel, not for sex but for company. There he strikes up a bond with a very tasty Jodi Marsh, all clad in stockings and basque, as a naive and 'innocent' prostitute. Very funny and also poignant

:O

Jodi Albert.*

I loved Phoenix Nights, but Max & Paddy was not in the same league I thought. It seemed stilted and like they were going through the motions to me. I have never been tempted to watch it again, whereas I have revisited P. Nights many a time.

I would say that I would reaali like to see another season of IT crowd! :) it was amazing! But the American counterpart wasn't good at all!

I couldn't get on with Max & Paddy's Road To Nowhere at all, I found it so inferior to Phoenix Nights, but we all have different tastes. London Irish is one sitcom I would personally liked to see more of. Also the series with 3 or 4 episodes, like The Great Outdoors, Quick Cuts and Marley's Ghosts. Would also love to see another series of Mountain Goats. Anyone have any news of the aforementioned? Cheers.

Quote: gbcomsrule @ 18th July 2016, 7:59 PM BST

Marley's Ghosts

Filming now. Details in our Guide, as always.

Quote: gbcomsrule @ 18th July 2016, 7:59 PM BST

Would also love to see another series of Mountain Goats.

I fear unlikely.

I liked Starlings and Gavin and Stacey. I have no family, so watching these shows kind of filled a void for me. Does anyone know of any shows like these that I can get on YouTube since I live in America? I'd sure appreciate any suggestions.
Thank-you!

Quote: Aaron @ 15th December 2015, 9:17 PM

Freezing, Hebburn, Me And Mrs Jones, Blandings, George & Mildred.

I think there would have been another series of George & Mildred if Yootha Joyce who played Mildred had not passed away in 1980, as Man About The House had 6 series and Robin's Nest had 6. They could have done a series called George with Brian Murphy playing George Roper on his own.

BBC Hancock
Arrested Development
Wild West
Ladies of Letters

Quote: marac @ 25th August 2016, 7:06 PM

I think there would have been another series of George & Mildred if Yootha Joyce who played Mildred had not passed away in 1980

I know there would have been: she died with Series 6 scripts unopened and unread.

From what I've seen on TV recently
None of them are allowed to stop

Quote: Aaron @ 1st September 2016, 11:46 PM

I know there would have been: she died with Series 6 scripts unopened and unread.

What happened to the scripts Aaron?