Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle Series 4

What an excellent start to the series. I appreciate that he somewhat divides opinion, but my God did I laugh, and this is coming from someone who loves The Graham Norton Show, and Chris Morris was great too.

Loved it.
Pity the continuity announcer felt he had to get involved at the end.

Love him and love this show

But a lacklustre start to series 4 for me...

I have it on the TiVo; I think that I'll watch it this afternoon and get back to you all. I'll admit to getting rather fed up with his knowing self-reverential shtick during S3.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 5th March 2016, 11:54 AM GMT

I have it on the TiVo; I think that I'll watch it this afternoon and get back to you all. I'll admit to getting rather fed up with his knowing self-reverential shtick during S3.

I don't think you'll like it then! :S

Quote: Jack F @ 5th March 2016, 12:08 PM GMT

I don't think you'll like it then! :S

Au contraire, 2016 must be a brand new start for me, because I thought that it was fantastic.

Dare I say it, but has he lost weight? He looked a bit healthier than in the last series.

I thought that too!

Brilliant start to the series. He never disappoints. Probably my favourite stand-up working today.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 5th March 2016, 12:32 PM GMT

Au contraire, 2016 must be a brand new start for me, because I thought that it was fantastic.

Oh good! And the reveal at the end about the actual award title was genius! :D

Never watched any of his shows before but caught up with this last night as I was curious about what people meant about his deconstructing style etc. Instantly a new fan here, love the sense of tension he creates with the audience and the debrief bits with Chris Morris are hilarious. Loved the way he wove that Graham Norton BAFTA bit and wouldn't let it go.
How many years of this have I missed exactly??

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 6th March 2016, 10:28 AM GMT

Never watched any of his shows before but caught up with this last night as I was curious about what people meant about his deconstructing style etc. Instantly a new fan here, love the sense of tension he creates with the audience and the debrief bits with Chris Morris are hilarious. Loved the way he wove that Graham Norton BAFTA bit and wouldn't let it go.
How many years of this have I missed exactly??

Well this is Series 4...

https://www.comedy.co.uk/shop/?search=Comedy+Vehicle

Ohh, there're DVDs in the magic shop...Mother's day treat maybe. Thanks Aaron :)

Quote: Jack F @ 5th March 2016, 10:06 PM GMT

Oh good! And the reveal at the end about the actual award title was genius! :D

It was indeed :P

Quote: Woozie @ 5th March 2016, 9:23 PM GMT

Brilliant start to the series. He never disappoints. Probably my favourite stand-up working today.

Agree entirely. Superbly crafted, relevant and brave. Always look out for him when he's playing Warwick Uni

When I was a kid stand up always seemed an important subversive art form (probably a bit poncey, I know) but this is why thirty minutes of Stewart Lee is worth more than 30 episodes of Live at the Apollo for me.