Home To Roost & Duty Free Page 2

'Home to Roost' is a cracking show, especially Series 1. John Thaw and Reece Dinsdale had a terrific on-screen rapport and the Eric Chappell scripts were well up to par. Actually, I prefer it to 'Only When I Laugh' and it may be in my top ten fave sitcoms.

There's an episode, 'Dating Henry', from S1 which IMO is laugh-out-loud funny from start to finish and as good as anything Chappell has written. But really all of S1 is worth a look.

Patchier thereafter I think, but the basic set-up is sound and John Thaw was a brilliant comic actor.

I also forgot about Singles which was another Eric/Jean Warr co-write I think

Jean Warr was his secretery, but she ended up writing sitcoms with him.

Just got Home To Roost on DVD. John Thaw had a knack for comedy IMO; shame HTR and Thick As Thieves were his only comedies, I think, apart from when he guested on The Morecambe And Wise Show once with Dennis Waterman.

Have watched both Home To Roost and Duty Free many times and enjoy them both. Easy to watch with good storylines, but IMO Duty Free is far superior.

Quote: Dene Kernohan @ May 17 2009, 3:58 PM GMT

'Home to Roost' is a cracking show, especially Series 1. John Thaw and Reece Dinsdale had a terrific on-screen rapport and the Eric Chappell scripts were well up to par.

Spot on, a great pairing they were. I watched quite a lot of it and that's mainly why I did, I love great acting and they were extremely good together, some of the sparring they did was electric. Yep, always liked Home To Roost.

Duty Free I liked too, yet another very solid ITV sitcom with good acting.

Been watching 'Home To Roost' on ITV3. Enjoying watching this again after having not seen it for sometime. You couldn't ask for two better actors in John Thaw & Reece Dinsdale playing Father & Son.

Just recently I have purchased all four series of Home To Roost, but to my disappointment series 3 episode 8 'Family Ties' is missing. Any ideas as to why this is?

If you're talking about the Network release, that's a Christmas special and can be found with Series 4.

Quote: Aaron @ 3rd March 2016, 10:41 PM GMT

If you're talking about the Network release, that's a Christmas special and can be found with Series 4.

Thanks Aaron, that would explain why I am missing the episode.