Free screenwriting course Page 2

Quote: Chappers @ 29th February 2016, 9:35 PM GMT

Yes - me too and downloaded a couple of scripts.

Saving Mr Banks and Made in Dagenham.

I've already got one stalker - er Follower.

I was reading Man Up and Trainwreck earlier as I've seen the former and not the latter. Both very interesting indeed!

I haven't as yet, although I have used my real name and uploaded a picture of me wearing a trappers' hat. I'll expect to be deluged with followers within the next few days then?

Re: writing Mr Chappers - in the next few weeks I should have a bit more time on my hands if you fancy a trip to The London Comedy Writers' meeting near London Bridge Station? After a change of management, they seem much more proactive than before.

Telling people to write short loglines and look at scripts-far too piss easy this course, no challenge.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 3rd March 2016, 8:31 PM GMT

Telling people to write short loglines and look at scripts-far too piss easy this course, no challenge.

Ask for your money back.

With the best will in the world, I doubt you'll get much more than you would from the most basic of books.
And at least a book can steady a wobbly coffee table.
More often than not, the main benefit of things like this is it gets you off your arse to actually do something.
Which is no bad thing.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 3rd March 2016, 8:31 PM GMT

Perhaps not for a beginner or anyone who struggles with loglines.
This is supposed to be fairly easy I believe; more of an introduction to take further if it inspires you than something that will provide a huge challenge and end in a block busting screenplay.

Quote: Lazzard @ 4th March 2016, 9:38 AM GMT

Ask for your money back.

With the best will in the world, I doubt you'll get much more than you would from the most basic of books.
More often than not, the main benefit of things like this is it gets you off your arse to actually do something.
Which is no bad thing.

Have you seen my signature?

Quote: Lazzard @ 4th March 2016, 9:38 AM GMT

Ask for your money back.

Which is no bad thing.

It's free.
You probably could find the same info in books, or on YouTube or from other websites. Books don't offer interaction opportunities or responses from tutors. I agree it does encourage people to actually do something. It could be the kickstart needed to take their writing further, or perhaps make them realise that it is not for them.
It's not going to be for everyone but it appears to be of interest and help to many so far.

Quote: Loopey @ 4th March 2016, 12:29 PM GMT

It's free.

I know.
That was the essence of the joke.

Quote: Lazzard @ 4th March 2016, 1:19 PM GMT

I know.
That was the essence of the joke.

I see. I didn't know you knew that so didn't get it.

Quote: Loopey @ 4th March 2016, 1:21 PM GMT

I see. I didn't know you knew that so didn't get it.

:)

My point was, free or otherwise, these courses are more about getting you motivated.
Anything that gets you writing pages is a good thing.

Quote: Lazzard @ 4th March 2016, 2:02 PM GMT

My point was, free or otherwise, these courses are more about getting you motivated.
Anything that gets you writing pages is a good thing.

I agree

It's free.
You probably could find the same info in books, or on YouTube or from other websites. Books don't offer interaction opportunities or responses from tutors. I agree it does encourage people to actually do something. It could be the kickstart needed to take their writing further, or perhaps make them realise that it is not for them.
It's not going to be for everyone but it appears to be of interest and help to many so far.

Hear hear!

It's free.

Did you see the name of the thread Loopey?