Newsjack 2016 Page 17

Oneline liners submitted: I did a couple on the Oscars, a couple on the V&As 60's exhibition and one on Starbucks in Italy.

The Viewsjacks are quite hard to get into aren't they? They're my least favourite part of the show as a listener.

Best of luck everybody. Hug

Found sketches easier than one-liners this week but as always we wait and see.

Sketches were on Leo winning an Oscar, Kanye's views on economics, and a short one on the naming of the Elizabeth Line.

Been a little busy this week and only submitted one sketch and one oneliner. What's more the oneliner was harvested from the sketch! Both concern the crossing of the Atlantic by the Yorkshire Rows crew.

Here's hoping one of us is successful on show day.

Submitted the one-liners last night!

Breaking News was on the thermal-imaging camera smartphone, Trump blaming India for stealing American jobs, and the Snapchat employee pay data being leaked.

Viewsjack was on the UKIP EU toasters fiasco, Leo winning an Oscar, and Trump (him again!) saying he loves the poorly educated.

As always, good luck everybody! :D

Who's going to the recording?

A few oneliners sent in, let the merriment begin...good luck all!

Oneliners sent in on new charity rules, the decline of hedgehogs, G4S, the Jungle camp at Calais, the pensioner and the metal whale, and NASA's Concord replacement. Lots of choice for stories this week.

Did anyone go to the record last night?

I applied for tickets for 4 out of the 6 shows this series, didn't get any... should I take the hint?

Oneliners this week on:

Michael Howard & the Leave campaign
Gang brawl at a Hounslow car boot sale
Stag flight to Bratislava diverted
DiCaprio lecturing on climate change
Change at FIFA
Trump & the KKK

Got the good email - hopefully a sketch. No one at the record then?

I'm in apparently. Interested to see what made it, but currently over the moon. :D

Made it into this week's episode! Judging by Andy's post, it was my one-liner about Leo's speech on climate change. Exciting stuff! :D

Nothing for me this week either my oneliners were Marcus Rashford passing out Porsches on his bmx on his way to training; Leonardo getting his Oscar, great to see turtles being included; Argentina ends 15 year bond fight , James is fairly shaken and a little stirred; Ryanair stag party had to be diverted for rutting passengers; is Delacroix the father of modern art? Also is Picasso musics cousin and is Klimt a brother of some horses.

A mashup of my oneliners:

"A pony dressed as Carol Vorderman can't remember its dinner because it was engineered by Chinese stem-cell scientists; Edwina Currie looks as old as Mary Berry with a normal job watching wild beavers said a Ryanair brat-on-lager."

Congrats to all those who made the final cut, look forward to listening to this week's episode.

Congratuations to those who have made it on, and thanks also to Andy for reporting back from the recording.

No nice e-mail for me but in 13 point 4 series of submitting I've had three in total. It's always an enjoyable challenge to create spoof newslines from current events, even if they rarely win producers' approval.

So tonight's listeners will not hear how new father Andy Murray celebrated changing a nappy.