Newsjack 2016 Page 16

Congrats everyone who got into this week's episode!

I got the "made it into the script but not the final cut" email which I'm rather chuffed with as I found this week rather difficult to write about :D

Well done those who got something on. I particularly liked the Boris and Cameron's parents sketch. No email for me this week, but they used a joke I sent in and credited me at the end, so swings and roundabouts.

Well done to everyone who got something in tonight's episode. Not had a listen yet, as saving it for my run tomorrow, but it sounds like there are some interesting sketches on there.

Week 1 of sketch writing for me, so starting from scratch. Didn't get anything on or in, but that was expected and I really enjoyed it. It's tough going though; particularly with a 9-5, Monday to Friday job as well.

It helped coming to this thread and seeing other people working at it too ( although if anyone sees me ' online' on Saturday and Sunday tell me to stop looking on the internet and go write).

Onward and upwards :D

Huge congratulations to everyone that got anything in or even a cut in editing email!

Nothing for me this week again, obviously the third time lucky adage didn't quite work!

I'm away for 12 days from Saturday, so I'm gonna send through some oneliners before I go and then pick up on the 14th again!

Well done again, it's SUCH an achievement to even get the cut in editing email!

J x

There were lots of one liners I considered pun heavy, which is annoying as they were similar to what I came up with but abandoned as I thought they sounded too obvious. Well, next week I'm going all out pun!

Mine was the maths oneliner.

Interestingly, two of the sketches broadcast were very similar to ones I'd sent in, not strictly just content but in style.

Which either means I'm very close, or so very far away.

Congrats all who made it, good luck with the weekend writing.

After smashing my P.B and getting two oneliners on in week 2, it's back to usual in week 3. Zilch.

Well done Sunshine Steve, Jabashe and Tradepressed!

Had 2 weeks in a row of "Got in the script, cut from recording". Hoping for the hatrick this week!

Squeezed some out this week. hoping for the best.

Just sent in two sketches. As with last week, I finished about 5 minutes before the deadline. Errr This can't be good for my nerves.

Anyone else find it harder than usual to find meaty stories this week? The Oscars seems to be over everything.

Mine were on the near miss asteroid and Super Tuesday.

Ours are in! This week we went with Mercedes, Tooth Decay and Scottish Rugby (mini sketch). Good luck everyone!

:)

Busy with other stuff this week, so I hashed out a Mugabe's Birthday themed sketch. Roll on one-liners.

Quote: Bluemeany @ 29th February 2016, 12:11 PM GMT

Just sent in two sketches. As with last week, I finished about 5 minutes before the deadline. Errr This can't be good for my nerves.

Anyone else find it harder than usual to find meaty stories this week? The Oscars seems to be over everything.

Mine were on the near miss asteroid and Super Tuesday.

I actually found this a much easier week, wrote six sketches (French graffiti, Gap year students doing asylum cases, Oscars ad, FIFA elections, Italian Starbucks) and sent in the best 3

our oneliners are in - nice and early this week! good luck everyone! :)