Eurovision Song Contest Page 25

Austria was the one in the hat?
Which was Germany?

Quote: zooo @ 24th May 2015, 1:01 PM BST

Which was Germany?

The girl that looked and sang a bit like Amy Winhouse.

Oh yes, in the jumpsuit. I thought she looked like Amy too.

Quote: zooo @ 24th May 2015, 1:01 PM BST

Austria was the one in the hat?
Which was Germany?

Yes. Austria was in the hat and had the flamy piano. Buggered if I can remember the song though and it was on less than 3 hours ago.... To be fair I can't remember any of the others either.

Hope we get new commentators next year. The same two people have done it for the eight years I've been watching. Time to change it up a bit I think. Doubt it will happen though- apart from them the only person I can name who works for the network with the broadcast rights is Lee Lin Chin, who is the person the gave our results.

Eek bin ine Berliner!

I watched it all in 20 minutes on iPlayer. Actually what is the video equivalent of a skim read? Anyhow, I couldn't have sat through the lot of it. Too many of them did that modern two note thing. "I'm a bit up, I'm really, really down". There were about eight which combined Amy Winehouse with Portishead without achieving what those did. Plus there was the inevitable stuff involving glamour boys going to very average parties with electrical circuit boxes instead of having proper voices - for the 20th year!

What did I scribble down? Norway, Cyprus, Austria, Montenegro and Italy, probably because most of them managed to stand outside those categories. And the Australian one worked for while it was a stereotype, it was one that was at least 6 out of 10. I think I'd have voted Cyprus. A librarian with an ok ballad combining a modern vibe and a traditional chord change. Now that's what I call radical, at least in 2015. It may not have been the best of the bunch but it was the best for the bloody-minded.

John Karayiannis - One Thing I Should Have Done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUNEoMBLGc8

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th May 2015, 4:58 AM BST

Spoiler alert! Laughing out loud ...............like I give a f**k.

Don't tell me you were going to way 3 1/2 hours on iPlayer.

Quote: reds @ 24th May 2015, 12:36 PM BST

Watching the rerun. Don't love Austria and Germany but don't think they are bad enough to get no points.

It's got nothing to do with whether it's good or not. We often got nil points.

Quote: Oldrocker @ 24th May 2015, 4:20 PM BST

:)

Quote: Chappers @ 24th May 2015, 8:35 PM BST

Don't tell me you were going to way 3 1/2 hours on iPlayer.

It's got nothing to do with whether it's good or not. We often got nil points.

Like I say...........like I give a f**k.

I don't know why we bother with it all - we are never going to ever win again.

Yes, certainly since the 90s the voting has been horribly political. I wonder how many times when we came 2nd, 15 times I believe, did other nations vote us down just to see us lose. If someone surveyed the whole points history I wonder many nil pwans France have given us. Angry

Anyway hate the freak show and very annoyed Russia didn't win because that would have great to see, Just Russia v Germany allowed entry, everyone else barred for being freaks and Albania barred for being muslim. And the German singing tied to a chair with a Kalashnikov at their head :)

In many countries' eyes, including America we are the centre of the pop industry in this world so we don't need this shit. Let all those that struggle to make a living at it fight it out amongst themselves, why should we give a f**k.

Germany were probably voted against for bullying Greece and looking scarily like the 4th Reich running the EU with Southern Europe at their mercy. Come on, get with it, what's it got to do with the song? :S

Quote: reds @ 24th May 2015, 12:36 PM BST

Watching the rerun. Don't love Austria and Germany but don't think they are bad enough to get no points.

Have redisvocerd spotify this week. Some of the playlists I've been listening to have songs from this year in them. Lots of the songs are starting to grown on me.

Just seen on the news the UK entry that has been voted in for this year...........why do we bother. A boy band load of toss. >_<

I'll eat my hat if that wins - just wondering what odds I can get on this being another of our Nul Points.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th February 2016, 9:38 AM GMT

Just seen on the news the UK entry that has been voted in for this year...........why do we bother. A boy band load of toss. >_<

I'll eat my hat if that wins - just wondering what odds I can get on this being another of our Nul Points.

I didn't watch the programme but caught a snatch (!) of 2 girls singing and playing guitars. I thought they sounded good.