Newsjack 2016 Page 10

Quote: martinw @ 18th February 2016, 3:53 PM GMT

"He's obviously forgotten my sketch" - everyone in this thread.

Or, "That sketch that sounds like mine, won't actually be mine."

Quote: martinw @ 18th February 2016, 3:53 PM GMT

"He's obviously forgotten my sketch" - everyone in this thread.

Yeah, not the most helpful post I must admit. Like any aspiring writer I thought "I won't need to write this down, I'll remember"... Then promptly forgot :$

I'm going next week too, I'll do a better job then

No don't be daft! You did a grand job!

I'm still gonna be refreshing my emails for the next hour though hehe

J x

Got the close-but-not-in-the-final-cut email.

Congrats to everyone who made it!

Got a close but no £21 cigar e-mail. Better luck to you all out there.

I only found out about Newsjack at the end of the last series. I sent stuff in time for the last episode but didn't get anything in. Then I tried last week and never got in again. I'm thrilled to announce I've just refreshed my inbox for the millionth time and found an email saying something I wrote made it onto the show this week! I don't recognise any of the sketches so I'm guessing it's a one liner. Either way I'm over the freaking moon!

Well done indeed. Hope it's the first of many.

Nothing for me it seems. I was rather hopeful after reading about the Pope film trailer.

Well done to all who got on!

Nothing for me this week... But gutted, but on to next week!

J x

I'm in, be a one-liner or Viewsjack but I'm not sure what yet.

It was a bit of a rushed effort from me this week so I'm not particularly surprised not to hear anything. Congrats to all those who will be featuring!

There seems to have been some sort of mistake. The expected email stating 'Thanks for your first ever submissions, all have made it in. Fancy knocking up a pilot for a sitcom?' Has not arrived.

I can only assume it is one of several things...

1) Newsjack do not know hilariously funny when they see it.

2) The illuminati are trying to prevent me from sweeping the board in the comedy category at next years BAFTA's.

3) The BBC blocked my material on Health and Safety grounds as there was a fear that people would laugh so much they might injure themselves.

4) I am not as funny as I think I am.

As it clearly is not the last one, I will now have to spend the whole day at work tomorrow trawling news sites to research for next weeks submissions.

Congrats to everyone who got in.

Nothing for me again, congratulations to everyone who made it on.

You have to imagine me sitting here, teeth gritted as though my jaw is wired together. Being a touch typist doesn't mean I can't bash the living daylights out of a keyboard when I want to. So now that you have that impression...

Well done everyone. Nothing for me this week *smile*. Well done to all those who got something on. The buzz of getting the email and then waiting to hear your work broadca t (damn, one of the key ju t flew pa t my ear) I econd to none. For the re t of u poor od , don't give up! There I alway next week! * mile*

I too got the "you are not quite funny enough to be on late night radio 4 extra" e-mail. Edited before broadcast. I wish they'd tell you what they almost used rather than just a "Better luck next week" letter