Newsjack 2016 Page 8

Quote: David S @ 15th February 2016, 1:10 PM GMT

Actually, my topic was gravitational waves, which could be seen as last weeks news! Still, I do think there is more competition for front page topics - both from public submissions and commissioned writers. I generally dabble around the edges unless it's a particularly strong idea and then I send it in come hell or high water!

Oh - well done - we looked at that but couldn't think of anything! We went with Countryfile, Self Employed Support and Under Road Heating (advert). :)

Quote: Bonzo @ 15th February 2016, 1:15 PM GMT

Oh - well done - we looked at that but couldn't think of anything! We went with Countryfile, Self Employed Support and Under Road Heating (advert). :)

I'm glad you struggled! ;) I'm a bit of a science nerd and always 'gravitate' towards sciency topics. I'm intrigued by 'under road heating' - hopefully I'll hear it on Thursday night! Good luck :)

Quote: DeathbyMonkey @ 15th February 2016, 12:00 PM GMT

Bloody hell I struggled this week...

Ditto.

Good luck everyone!

If anyone here is going to the recording on Wednesday it'd be good to meet up and get a drink after?

Quote: DeathbyMonkey @ 15th February 2016, 12:00 PM GMT

Bloody hell I struggled this week...

Same here. Only just sending off the one-liners now, was holding out for some good premises this morning.

Good luck all! Last week's episode was very funny - loved the sketches about George Osborne & Google and junior junior doctors!

Two breaking news and one viewsjack for me this week. One ha ha, one ha and one eh? Good luck everyone.

Oneliners off, only had an hour to do them and headache in situ...cup of tea time now!

Good luck all.

ours are in! good luck everyone! :)

Back this week and I'm in it to win it. Or not win it.

Lost track of everyone on here who got something on last week's show but if that was you well done - very good show and I always think an episode 1 credit is the hardest of all to get!

Hello, new to the forum.I had a go at Newsjack last year and nearly got on a couple of times so I 'm trying again. No luck last week but I've sent in two sketches and six one liners this week so I'm nothing if not persistent.

I don't join in on this forum very much, but watch very closely as to who contributes and who makes it onto Newsjack. Submitted 3 one liners and 3 Viewsjacks last night. Along with everyone else, here's hoping for a positive outcome. Good luck everyone

Managed to get 2 sketches in yesterday
1. Obese people can't judge distances accurately
2. Kanye West - Billion Dollar Baby
Did the one-liners today.

I will keep pressing F5 until my finger bleeds just like everybody else. Good luck

I'm sure other people have noticed this but there were a lot less writers in the most recent episode than there were in previous episodes.

There were 33 writers in the last episode of series 13 and only (odd use of the word "only" here) 22 writers in the first episode of series 14. Damn Nish's long intro.

Does anybody send their submissions as a PDF? I'm just having a mild panic as on their twitter feed, they say to ensure the files are readable in word? I always send mine as a PDF!

J x

Quote: GoWithIt @ 17th February 2016, 5:43 AM GMT

Does anybody send their submissions as a PDF? I'm just having a mild panic as on their twitter feed, they say to ensure the files are readable in word? I always send mine as a PDF!

J x

Hi. Don't send pdf - send rtf (best) or word doc. I guess the reason is that they need to make changes and paste into the final script and pdf makes that harder.