Newsjack 2016 Page 5

Was at the recording tonight. Sketches performed were....

State school teacher raising expectation of private pupils
Prison correspondent at Holloway
Unexploded WW2 bomb on underground
Cheaper venue for hate rally
Junior junior doctors
David Cameron as hostage negotiator
NHS goes digital
Dutch using eagles to attack drones
Post apocalypse nuclear family sitcom
Julian Assange as annoying flatmate
Google getting the better of Osborne re his search history
Customer refused service because of his on-line criticism
Storm names same as weather reporters
Mind-reading smart phones.

(Hope I got them all noted. I think there were no adverts. Not many Viewsjacks).

Good luck if you recognise a sketch. They were all excellent and well received by a packed house at the BBC Radio Theatre

Quote: coiledslinky @ 10th February 2016, 10:35 PM GMT

Hi all,

Just on train back from the recording which was rammed full of good stuff. It was all at a really high standard - even the pickups were getting strong laughs. RBCs will all be tough calls. A non-exhaustive list of sketches from my tiring brain:

- Junior junior doctors (not a typo)
- Dutch eagles attacking drones (sorry Ed, not yours)
- Baby jail
- Cameron hostage negotiator
- Post-apocalyptic sitcom
- Private schools vs State schools
- Hate group meeting
- Mind control iPhone

One liners - lots, all good. Jackie Chan Rush Hour, Elton John song...sorry brain running out.

Well done to everyone who got on.

Thanks for this! We did a baby jail sketch.... long shot but were foxes involved?

:)

Quote: Bonzo @ 10th February 2016, 10:48 PM GMT

Thanks for this! We did a baby jail sketch.... long shot but were foxes involved?

:)

Hello Bonzo

Not sure if foxes mentioned, more like baby as rusk dealer (instead of drugs)and baby riot alarm etc.

Quote: Blinkered @ 10th February 2016, 10:55 PM GMT

Hello Bonzo

Not sure if foxes mentioned, more like baby as rusk dealer (instead of drugs)and baby riot alarm etc.

Thanks Blinkered - not ours then! :)

So will we find out tomorrow evening by e-mail if we got anything on this week's episode then?

Post-apocalyptic sitcom sounds promising, but I'm trying not to get too excited!

x

Ach sounds like nothing for me this week.

I did the eagle drone and Assange stories, but mine's were about the police dog throwing a jealous hissy fit about the eagle and Assange on a first date giving the whole 'I thought we could just stay in...'

Oh well, fingers crossed for the one liners!

Yeah, looks like I didn't get anything in either (unless I get a one-liner). Oh well. Five weeks to go!

Congrats to anyone who gets something in!

Looks like my "Assange or No Assange" didn't make the cut then. Bah.

Thanks for sharing. Doesn't look like my Matt Le Blanc/Jeremy Clarkson sketch made it in.

Sounds like a really good mix of topics though and always softens the blow when people say the standard was so high. Look forward to hearing it.

I did a baby jail sketch, too. And it involved rusk smuggling...

But that's where the similarity ends, unfortunately. Mine was a Porridge parody. A Porridgedy, if you will. Or maybe a Paridge.

Quote: andysteph81 @ 11th February 2016, 11:04 AM GMT

I did a baby jail sketch, too. And it involved rusk smuggling...

But that's where the similarity ends, unfortunately. Mine was a Porridge parody. A Porridgedy, if you will. Or maybe a Paridge.

Anal Paridge?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 11th February 2016, 12:40 PM GMT

Anal Paridge?

A-Ha...se!

Coiledslinky and Blinkered, thanks for the rundown. Some great topics there... yeah, really great... Cup of tea time I think. Cup of tea and a biscuit. In a small darkened room. Newsjack is on too late for me anyhoo. Oh, but what about your oneliner!? The same oneliner they covered in a sketch? That's the one. Right. Thanks again guys.

Anyone get a "you are in the show" email yet?

According to Twitter, they've just sent out the emails. Good luck everyone, let the f5ing commence!