Newsjack 2016 Page 4

Oneliners in, good luck everyone! :)

First time entering for me. Let the disappointment begin!

When do they usually send out the "good" emails? Do they let you know if your stuff is being used in the live recording, or just the material that is broadcast?

Quote: Biscuit777 @ 9th February 2016, 1:03 PM GMT

First time entering for me. Let the disappointment begin!

When do they usually send out the "good" emails? Do they let you know if your stuff is being used in the live recording, or just the material that is broadcast?

Hi - you get an email if you've got something that has made it on to the final show - generally it's between 5-6.30pm on Thursday. You might also get an email if your stuff was 'recorded but cut' - again on Thursday evening. Good luck!

Sent in a solitary oneliner. Had a few others but I think it's better not to dilute the good stuff with roughage. Good luck, people!

Rushed in a few oneliners this morning I thought of in bed last night. Hard to resist the lure of the Thursday countdown!

Quote: David S @ 9th February 2016, 4:15 PM GMT

Sent in a solitary oneliner. Had a few others but I think it's better not to dilute the good stuff with roughage. Good luck, people!

Always send in your top three for both Breaking News and Viewsjack! I got a one-liner into an episode in the last series and I thought it was the weakest of my top three for Breaking News. Nevertheless, Newsjack included it and it received laughter aplenty from the audience!

Quote: DuckingAround @ 9th February 2016, 6:55 PM GMT

Always send in your top three for both Breaking News and Viewsjack! I got a one-liner into an episode in the last series and I thought it was the weakest of my top three for Breaking News. Nevertheless, Newsjack included it and it received laughter aplenty from the audience!

My very first newsjack joke was one I almost deleted. It was also the first time I'd been to a recording, I was in the front row at the Shaw theatre and Romesh said my oneliner, I was so gobsmacked. :)

Just one sketch and no oneliners in this week, and a bit obvious at that. Hopefully be a bit more organised next week.

DuckingAround and Bonzo, thanks for the advice. You are probably right. I should trust the reader to make their own mind up. The 2 I left out weren't exactly unfunny, just not as funny. But who's to say...

Quote: Yacob Wingnut @ 9th February 2016, 12:31 PM GMT

Better than my idea of, "The Starbucks employee was first discovered to be dyslexic after she spelt a customer's name on a cup correctly."

I didn't send it in but I should be slapped for thinking of it.

You should have gone with it mate
I could see a variation of that getting on

To be clear, what I ended up sending in wasn't much better :)

How would you have phrased it? I'm curious.

The employee was discovered to be dyslexic when she asked why there was no f-ing tea in Starbucks.

I hadn't thought that far
& perhaps dyslexia isn't something to be ridiculed
unless the punchline is really good

Quote: steve by any other name @ 9th February 2016, 11:11 PM GMT

The employee was discovered to be dyslexic when she asked why there was no f-ing tea in Starbucks.

:D

Hi all,

Just on train back from the recording which was rammed full of good stuff. It was all at a really high standard - even the pickups were getting strong laughs. RBCs will all be tough calls. A non-exhaustive list of sketches from my tiring brain:

- Junior junior doctors (not a typo)
- Dutch eagles attacking drones (sorry Ed, not yours)
- Baby jail
- Cameron hostage negotiator
- Post-apocalyptic sitcom
- Private schools vs State schools
- Hate group meeting
- Mind control iPhone

One liners - lots, all good. Jackie Chan Rush Hour, Elton John song...sorry brain running out.

Well done to everyone who got on.