Newsjack 2016 Page 3

Unless it's a huge story, we always include a hyperlink (or say where the story was from), and then we do the intro as the first cue.

I've never even thought of doing that. It makes sense though, and won't do any harm. I might start doing it myself!

Well, just sent in two pieces of scathing satire (expect a revolution soon after the broadcast). Just want to check a couple of things:

1) Can they read .docx files?

2) Did anyone else's sketches look an utter mess in the new template?

The templates are in an RTF format so I always assumed they wanted you to send them in using the same format. The last thing you want is to put all that effort in and then they can't open the document because they only use Mac/PC software packages.

Managed to get a one liner on last series so hoping to get a sketch on this time around. Sent in my first effort last night. Good luck all!

They just tweeted a reply to someone that 'a word doc attached to an email is fine', so I think you're okay Yacob.

I await the revolution. Thanks for the heads-up!

Dan

First sketch in for new series. Fair to middling idea i.e. fat chance. Saved one badly written good idea to work on for next week. Good luck everyone!

Quote: Glauber Berti @ 8th February 2016, 10:04 AM GMT

Managed to get a one liner on last series so hoping to get a sketch on this time around. Sent in my first effort last night. Good luck all!

Ditto! Best of luck to everyone!

Sending in one-liners tonight :D

ours are in - good luck everyone!

:)

Two sketches although not sure either quite hits the mark. Funny though.

For the benefit of everyone I'm posting my Viewsjacks below!!! Listen to them with your ears on Thursday's episode of Newsjack!!!!:

"I'm all for a paperless NHS. I hate the Daily Star!!!!!"

"Well watcha' know - the Zika virus is spread through sex.... Guess that's... I dunno... Something to do with Brazilians / removal of pubic hair... Yeah... Whatever."

"Eva flooded my house and Imogen took my power away - Women are ****s!!! **** them all!!!"

Post your Viewsjacks below!!!! (or in Critique where I'll spit on them)

Am I right in thinking that the 30 second ad counts as a sketch as far as the deadline goes?

Yes.

One liners sent in
& managed to avoid doing one about the dyslexic Starbucks employee court case.

Barrister / Barista type thing

So I'm proud of that if nothing else

Better than my idea of, "The Starbucks employee was first discovered to be dyslexic after she spelt a customer's name on a cup correctly."

I didn't send it in but I should be slapped for thinking of it.

Oneliners sent in!

I have everything crossed...but am remaining realistic.

Good luck everyone!