Open submissions - Unspun Page 5

Judging on what was said in the 'acknowledgement of receipt' email, I'm under the impression that the material we sent in will be used as an audition of sorts, to see if the producers like the cut of our jib; not necessarily to be included in these advance shows (although they might include some).

Even though it's just a few test episodes, I still think they'd want the material they used in them to be quite recent/topical, which makes my material on the floods redundant for these shows, but hopefully they'll like the style and offer me the gig for the commission!

A number of programmes had test episodes-Getting On, Up The Women and possibly 2012?

Hello - we went to see this last night - there are 2 more shows (in Chiswick) before the pilot record at LWT studios in March. It was very good, there were 2 guests - Michael Fabricant and Zoe Lyons - and a number of 'outside reports' including one about bribery in sport and one about why Google should pay less tax. A lot of Brexit stuff too. I'll let V update as she will remember more.

:)

There was a vox pops section which showed how opinion polls can be manipulated (people were asked whether Google should pay less tax); Simon Evans was a spoof economist and did a report on the washed-up sperm whales; and Andy Zaltzman did an investigative journalist piece on infiltrating match fixing in tennis. All good stuff.

Michael Fabricant was terrifying, though...

Quote: Bonzo @ 8th February 2016, 8:03 AM GMT

Hello - we went to see this last night - there are 2 more shows (in Chiswick) before the pilot record at LWT studios in March.

Oh, this were to try out material. This makes sense now.

"There was a vox pops section which showed how opinion polls can be manipulated"

Gah! It seems that I can't have been alone in having that (rejected) idea...

FEATURE IDEA #1: ?Centre for Research and Polling
The show 'commissions' pollsters (actors) from the fictional 'Centre for Research And Polling' to test out new policy ideas on the public (essentially vox pops). The policies will be ridiculous, but presented with a straight face, smart suit and a clipboard. The idea is to see how public biases about politics and modern Britain lead people to treat ridiculous policies seriously, or how readily they buy into the media narrative and/or political spin.

Sorry, but this idea has been done hundreds of times, coiledslinky...

Has anyone heard anything either way about this in the last week or so? I've only so far received the 'Thank you for your submission' email.

J x

Quote: GoWithIt @ 15th February 2016, 10:35 AM GMT

Has anyone heard anything either way about this in the last week or so? I've only so far received the 'Thank you for your submission' email.

J x

Still no rejection email here either, guess no news is good news?

Quote: martinw @ 15th February 2016, 7:33 PM GMT

Still no rejection email here either, guess no news is good news?

I'm hoping so! Fingers crossed!

J x

I'm not really expecting to hear from them again now.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 17th February 2016, 8:49 PM GMT

I'm not really expecting to hear from them again now.

I was thinking that myself, except some have got rejection emails and some haven't...That might mean something (she says, hopefully!)

J x

Yes.Let's hope so!

I've only just received the thank you for submitting email today!

No news is good news apart from the RSI I have from repeatedly checking my email.