Alan Davies: As Yet Untitled Page 6

If it's a dream surely you can have dead people?

No rules, but that option may break the internet. :O

But if sticking to British comedians:

Bob Monkhouse
Dave Allen
Linda Smith
Joyce Grenfell

(okay, + Irish)

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 7th February 2016, 12:59 AM GMT

I know what you mean about Russell Kane - he is rather annoying (maybe it's a comedian/Russell thing), but fear not - he wasn't permitted to dominate proceedings too much.

Still not enough. I wouldn't even be able to watch on demand and skip passed Kane's bits because there would still be occasional close ups of his face. Nevermind. In general it's pretty rare they have naff guests on. The only other one I can think of who I couldn't help thinking 'you massive unfunny twat' every time he spoke was James Brown (he was the editor Loaded or FHM or one the other popular in the 90s twat mags).

I'm with you on that one.

I didn't mind Kane, though.

Ok, my dream line up (set in a fictional alternate version of the show broadcast around 1990 and called 'Clive James: As Yet Untitled):

Dave Allen (thanks for the idea Fopnoodle)
Peter Cook
Ruby Wax
John Cleese

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 7th February 2016, 11:25 PM GMT

Ok, my dream line up (set in a fictional alternate version of the show broadcast around 1990 and called 'Clive James: As Yet Untitled):

Peter Cook
Ruby Wax
John Cleese

Norks . . . Peter Cook - knew I'd neglected to include someone.

But an 'after hours' late night version (like ch4's After Dark series that famously had Ollie Reed and Tracy Emin on, off their tits) would be interesting.

Just seeing them trying to out-shock each other Huh? :

Jimmy Carr
Frankie Boyle
Julian Clary
Jenny Eclair (anyone who's seen her live will know she's absolutely filthy).

. . . with Jägerbombs - (Irn Bru & Red Bull for Frankie & Jimmy).

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 7th February 2016, 12:59 AM GMT

I know what you mean about Russell Kane - he is rather annoying (maybe it's a comedian/Russell thing), but fear not - he wasn't permitted to dominate proceedings too much.

I completely agree with you about the whole Russell thing apart from one and that's Howard. Yes he's an irritating Little f**ker on TV but live when there are no cameras on him he's much much more relaxed funnier and less twattish.

One thing that did make me laugh that included Russell Kane is I went to a pilot recording of a show called Delete Delete Delete hosted by Rhod Gilbert (which has now been given over to Patrick Kielty) and when he announced Kane as the guest almost everyone in the audience started groaning and muttering under their breath, the bloke next to me even said out loud "I put off dental surgery for this twat?"

Anyway back on topic

My ideal line up would be

Ronnie Barker
Eric Morecambe
Bob Mortimer
Phill Jupitus.

So I'm still loving this series, except in the latest episode I did find Johnnie Vaughn incredibly irritating and wished he would shut up for five minutes.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 2nd March 2016, 8:04 AM GMT

So I'm still loving this series, except in the latest episode I did find Johnnie Vaughn incredibly irritating and wished he would shut up for five minutes.

I agree but the turnaround at the end when the rest started to express the same feelings was great.

I like Johnny Vaughan generally, he's one of the funniest non-comedians out there in my opinion... but I have to agree. He hogged the spotlight way too much in this episode.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 7th February 2016, 11:25 PM GMT

Peter Cook
Ruby Wax
John Cleese

I am in agreement and often I wish that I were back in 1990, although to be fair, I was still at school then and wasn't hugely happy.

Edit: I'd like to distance myself completely from my last statement; I am, by my own admission, a fool.

Has anyone mentioned how brilliant Alice Levine was on last week's show? On the strength of her performance I spent the princely sum of £1.99 on this raunchy number: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00UO7WOAS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&tag=comedyguide-21

So pleased this is back, a cracker last night. Stephen Fry should be there always. Lookingt forward to the rest of the series, though sorely disappointed that Bob Mortimer won't be appearing!

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 12th June 2016, 9:51 PM BST

So pleased this is back, a cracker last night. Stephen Fry should be there always. Lookingt forward to the rest of the series, though sorely disappointed that Bob Mortimer won't be appearing!

I loved SF too, especially the Prince Charles tale and the anecdote about Iris Murdoch's wedding.

Sara Pascoe was fairly annoying though, but she always seems to be.

Sorry? Lovey

I love the series. Don't like the one a day release schedule.
Both episodes have been excellent thus far.

So, now Stephen Fry has emigrated with his husband and left the public eye and presuming these were filmed at the beginning of the year; Was this the last televised appearance of Stephen Fry?