Isn't it lovely
Isn't it wonderful
Isn't it precious
Less than one hour old
I never thought through love Steve would be
Making one as lovely as this
But isn't this quiz lovely made from love

22. Quizn't she Lovely by Stevie Wonder

16 Giles - Carl who I knew personally, and here is the statue dedicated to him in Ipswich town centre where Grandma stares up to his old office. It was unveiled in 1993 by Warren Mitchell, in the presence of Johnny Speight.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/12537/40/

Herc we're both right. He's called Carl Giles. But if you're on first name terms, then I guess you're more right.

16. Carl Giles.

9. Jerusalem

19. Oil rigs/fields (though the shoe is a wedge and not a platform)

Quote: Nick Nockerty @ 5th February 2016, 12:52 PM GMT

Herc we're both right. He's called Carl Giles. But if you're on first name terms, then I guess you're more right.

16. Carl Giles.

No, you got in there first Nick - we have little to rave about in the sticks so I just saw the opportunity for a few seconds "fame", and it wasn't my intention to steal your thunder. :D

And sadly it is a was on first name terms. Lovely man.

While we're off topic
We used to have a Giles book or two around the house, and they were jolly good
My Dad(rest his soul five years tomorrow) was always a bigger fan of Mac though the fella in the Daily Mail.
Big fan of Punch magazine as well, especially Alan Coren

Herc why don't you start a favourite cartoon thread so that we can share some cartoons that aren't from the 1890's
:D

21.Ian Kilmister

George mate
Because I missed a quiz last week I e mailed an extra one to stick up tonight before bed

So with this quiz it's now Free for all!

*expects two more posts at most before sticking next one up

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 5th February 2016, 11:22 PM GMT

So with this quiz it's now Free for all!..

*expects two more posts at most before sticking next one up

The man said it.........

4 Norman Thelwell Oops, done it again Nick - sorry, just noticed you had already posted it.

13 Ivan the Terrible

6.News at Ten
7.The Fallen Madonna with the big boobies

Friday Quiz 13th November 2015
1. Which country's leader is currently on an official visit to the UK? India
2. According to a poll this week, who is the UK's richest individual celebrity from the world of entertainment, aged under 30? Daniel Radcliffe
3. Which sound indicated a Rank Organisation film? A gong
4. Name the artist. (Norman) Thelwell

5. Which food of the Greek gods was supposed to confer eternal life upon all those who ate it? Ambrosia
6. Which TV news programme began in 1967? News at Ten
7. What is the most famous work of art by Van Klomp? The Fallen Madonna with the Big Boobies
8. Which Bulgarian won one of football's top international awards in the mid-1990s? Hristo Stoichkov
9. What links these two pictures? Jerusalem (Jerusalem artichokes and the cast from 'Jam and Jerusalem')

10. Name the US building. Fort Knox
11. How many jumps does the winning competitor have in an Olympic long jump final? Six
12. What name is given to the counties closest to London? Home Counties
13. Who is this? Ivan the Terrible
14. Which plant's leaves supposedly cure nettle stings? Dock
15. Which game has thirty points? Backgammon
16. Which newspaper cartoonist created a family built around a formidable grandma? Giles

17. Name the film. Interstellar

18. My super-discount store sells a 10-inch diameter pizza for £3.99. Their special discount is on their 12-inch pizza which is selling at £4.31. What is the percentage discount being offered (compared to the 10" pizza)? 25%. See workings below

19. What connects these pictures: All can be preceded by SAND (piper; blast; wedge; paper; witch). Apologies for the last one!

20. Unscramble the two words : A C E G I I M M O O R T Z GOMEZ & MORTICIA (Addams)

Maths workings

25%

The small pizza has a diameter of 10" and therefore an area proportional to 10^2 = 100.

The large pizza has a diameter of 12" and therefore an area proportional to 12^2 = 144.

If the pizzas are priced according to their areas, then,

Price of large pizza / Price of small
pizza = (12 / 10)^2 = 1.44

Normal price of large pizza = 1.44 x £3.99 = £5.75.

Thus, discount on large pizza = [1 - (£4.31 / £5.75)] x 100 = 25%.

21 What George said

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 5th February 2016, 10:05 PM GMT

Herc why don't you start a favourite cartoon thread so that we can share some cartoons that aren't from the 1890's
:D

Don't think there's been one that old Steve, and feel free to start a thread yourself of course on cartoons in general - the more the merrier! :D

I will certainly be continuing with the Punch ones in the foreseeable future as I have many fans of this thread (including our very own professional cartoonist on this site - Beaky) and here are some of the reviews.

Can't let the fans down..........

"I am also a huge fan of Punch cartoons"

"I'm loving these Herc"

"I too am really enjoying these HGT"

"Please keep them coming as I've never seen them before."

"Splendid!"

"Excellent stuff, Hercules! Please carry on posting them."

"Loving it HGT"

"That's a great cartoon, Hercules"

"Very good stuff indeed HGT."

"Love the drawing! Beautiful action"

"I must agree. There's an awful lot packed into that drawing, quite delightful."

"Not only funny, the drawing is masterly"

"Excellent! many thanks, Hercules."

"Excellent work, Hercules!"

"Haha! You'll be rewarded in Heaven"

"Thanks Herc, as a big fan of cartooning and art in general, I've enjoyed your thread"

So Steve Me Old Mucka can we have a quiz for today aswell please.