15 could be Senate.

20 Rocket Sparkler

7.Bilbo Baggins

1.Kate Middleton?

Steve Have we got one for this week mate

Steve Have we got a quiz for this week?

Sorry George
I was off work on Friday & couldn't be bothered to do the Quiz
But if I don't post another tomorrow then I will definitely pop one up on Monday when work gets boring.

Friday Quiz 6th November 2015
1. What female first was accomplished with the aid of a prince this week? Michelle Payne, riding Prince of Penzance was the first woman jockey to win the Melbourne Cup.
2. Who 'met' their fate, losing 4-1? The New York Mets, losing the final of the baseball world series to the Kansas City Royals
3. A sundial is a traditional way of measuring time with the fewest moving parts. Which traditional method has the most moving parts? An hourglass
4. Who is this? Darcus Howe

5. What name is usually given to the mounted herdsmen or cowboys of the pampas of South America? Gauchos
6. What was the name of the shaggy, piano-playing dog in the Muppet Show? Rowlf
7. In the Lord of the Rings, which character is famous for their fireworks? Gandalf
8. Whose mathematical work was a standard reference book for over 2,000 years, and was long said to have a greater circulation than any other book in history apart from the Bible? Euclid (his Elements)
9. What links these two pictures? The Pointer Sisters and Van Halen both had hit singles with songs titled Jump

10. Name the film Rear Window
11. What can be a pick-me-up or the key note of a musical scale? Tonic
12. Who keeps order in the House of Commons? The Speaker
13. Where in the UK might you eat this? Scotland (Lorne sausage)
14. The name of which flower is also the name of a firework effect of a sphere of coloured stars leaving behind a trail of sparks? Chrysanthemum
15. What name is sometimes given to the legislative assembly of a country that is derived from the Latin word for old man? Senate
16. He ranks as an important Spanish painter, but in fact he was not born in Spain. Who was he? El Greco
17. First produced in the early years of the 18th century, what shade is this? Prussian Blue

18. I awoke this morning to find my prize hibiscus has been eaten. Inspector Brandon is on the case. He interviewed the four suspects, each of whom made two statements. One of each suspects' statements is a lie and the other is the truth. Who ate my hibiscus? Goat

Cow: I didn't eat the hibiscus. Either Deer did or none of us did it
Deer: I didn't eat the hibiscus. Hare is the culprit
Goat: I didn't eat the hibiscus. Deer is lying when he says Hare is the culprit
Hare: I didn't eat the hibiscus. If Cow didn't eat it, then Deer did.

19. What connects these pictures: The first names of the principal actors in Friends: JENNIFER Aniston/Lopez; LISA Kudrow/Stansfield; COURT(E)NEY Cox/Pine; MATT LeTissier/ LeBlanc; MATTHEW Perry/McConnaughey DAVID Schwimmer/Bowie

20. Unscramble the two words : A C E E K K L O P R R R S T ROCKET & SPARKLER
21. Who played the most for Wolves? Derek Parkin

5. Ambrosia

10. Fort Knox

17. Interstellar

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 5th February 2016, 10:07 AM GMT

5. Ambrosia

Oh that was an answer!
I thought you were just waxing lyrical about the Quiz being back

4. Thelwell

14 Doc leaf

16. Giles