Open submissions - Unspun Page 4

Quote: martinw @ 3rd February 2016, 10:44 AM GMT

Isn't that just the submission acknowledgement/receipt email though? (I got the same one last week)

Oh - maybe you're right - we got it quite a while after sending though - and they'd put our names on it 'dear...'

ah well...

Errr

I submitted at 11.59pm on 31st Jan, but just looked in my sent items and the email went out at 12.00am 1st Feb. So 1 minute after deadline. I haven't heard anything yet and concerned they won't accept as 1 minute late - just wondering if anyone else submitted at the weekend but still haven't heard back yet, as this would give me hope. Considering the format requires writer's to submit to tight deadlines I'm not sure how strict they would be about accepting my application...

Quote: Bonzo @ 3rd February 2016, 11:06 AM GMT

Oh - maybe you're right - we got it quite a while after sending though - and they'd put our names on it 'dear...'

ah well...

Errr

I hope I'm wrong! I submitted on 21st, and got that reply on the 27th (with my name on it too "dear...")
Maybe that is the email for getting through the 1st sift or something - depends if other people got a different receipt/acknowledgement email.

I submitted on the 30th and still haven't had any acknowledgement...

*Opens Gmail*

F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

Cool, I'm going to take that as a positive sign! No news, is good news....

I believe so. I don't know whether to take the fact I've not received anything else yet as a good sign or not.
I'm probably overthinking it all to be honest.

Hi all,

I submitted on Jan 12 and on Jan 14 got the:
"Thank you for sending through an example of your work to us for the UNSPUN project..." e-mail.

..followed by a (slightly) more informal rejection e-mail on Jan 27.

So it might be a first sift thing if you get that initial e-mail, although really not clear. I suspect they got LOADS of entries though, as I got send the ad from about 8 different places...

--
Dan
@coiledslinky

I sent in on the 26th Jan & just got the standard email saying passing onto the producers.

ETA for rejection email 11th Feb?

no response for me, you win or you lose and you can always send your rejects to News Revue or possibly News Jack with a bit of editing.

Quote: Monkeyface @ 3rd February 2016, 11:29 AM GMT

I submitted at 11.59pm on 31st Jan, but just looked in my sent items and the email went out at 12.00am 1st Feb. So 1 minute after deadline. I haven't heard anything yet and concerned they won't accept as 1 minute late - just wondering if anyone else submitted at the weekend but still haven't heard back yet, as this would give me hope. Considering the format requires writer's to submit to tight deadlines I'm not sure how strict they would be about accepting my application...

I submitted at around 22:30 on Sunday the 31st and haven't heard anything back. Although they could always just be punishing us for being a last-minute, lazy bollocks.

I submitted my stuff last Thursday and got the standard reply today.

So they're recording on Sunday.
Some people have had negative responses, nobody on here seems to have had a definite positive response. Granted people posting on here represent only a small number of those who have submitted ideas.
Presumably they're going to contact people only after trying out their stuff (is this likely?) or they've just got a horrendous backlog to sort through.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 5th February 2016, 8:42 AM GMT

So they're recording on Sunday.
Some people have had negative responses, nobody on here seems to have had a definite positive response. Granted people posting on here represent only a small number of those who have submitted ideas.
Presumably they're going to contact people only after trying out their stuff (is this likely?) or they've just got a horrendous backlog to sort through.

My reading of it is that they will be trying ideas out over the next few weeks. Sunday's show isn't the only pre-pilot; there are I think two others before the pilot record on 6 March.
Bonzo and I are going to Sunday's show so will report back.

You can't record the series before the pilot, can you? It must've been accepted. Don't you just mean the first episode?

Just got my acknowledgement email there. I reckon they must have a massive backlog of entries to get through.

There must be a poor intern having a breakdown right now...