Open submissions - Unspun Page 3

Just sent some scruffy bollocks, it was more of an excuse to write some fresh stand up.

But it's little more than.

"That Donald J Trump? Looks like a pile of shite with a hamster on top."

Quote: Bonzo @ 31st January 2016, 12:32 PM GMT

They're recording a show next Sunday (7th) - we are going along to watch. So I guess deadlines are quite tight. :)

Really, that seems super quick after the deadline. Still, from a selfish point of view, I guess it means we'll know one way or another very soon.

Well I just submitted a topical rant and two brilliant ideas. I can't help feeling had a known about this before today they may have been a little bit more brilliant.

Welp, I sent my submission for this about a week ago, got the "we have received your submission" email on Wednesday so now just waiting for the additional rejection email 0_0 (Or maybe not! Optimism!)

It's a bit of a nerve-wracking one I guess because no one knows exactly what shape/format the show will take yet. So that's quite exciting (reminds me of when 10 o'clock Live started and seemed full of Daily Showish potential -does anyone else miss that show?) but still means I have no idea if what I sent is anywhere near what Avalon wanted. I wonder if this is how freelance graphic designers feel all the time?

Would be cool to hear how the recording goes!

Hi - will let you know how the recording goes! We didn't get a 'we've received your submission' email.

Quote: sootyj @ 31st January 2016, 1:07 PM GMT

Just sent some scruffy bollocks

Is there such a thing as neat bollocks?

I sent something in on Saturday, though hard to know what they were looking for. No acknowledgement or rejection yet.

It seems odd that they're recording in four days but nobody here seems to have been accepted yet.

What's 17 people amongst thousands?

We got an email yesterday saying our stuff's been sent to the producers who will get back in a few weeks.

That makes sense if they're recording an episode a week. I take it they don't record more than one episode in a day like some programmes?

Quote: Bonzo @ 3rd February 2016, 7:46 AM GMT

We got an email yesterday saying our stuff's been sent to the producers who will get back in a few weeks.

Nice one
Well done.

thanks Steve - it was a lovely surprise when I got home! Good to see you at NJ last night.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 2nd February 2016, 2:50 PM GMT

It seems odd that they're recording in four days but nobody here seems to have been accepted yet.

I have an update on this - it looks as if there are several live shows going on this month - we're going to the one at the Soho theatre on Sunday, but there are others happening in Chiswick and other places. And the pilot is being shot in March (I believe) at the LWT studios in London (I think).

:)

Got this on January 14...

Thank you for sending through an example of your work to us for the UNSPUN project. Your submission has been sent to the producers and we anticipate feedback from them in the next few weeks. We will contact you in due course to let you know whether or not we wish to explore the possibilities of working with you on this project. If your submission is not successful we will return your work to you.

For the avoidance of doubt, your submission will not alter or effect your ownership of the rights in your own work in any way. Please do also bear in mind of course that similarities in writers' ideas and material often occur, and therefore we cannot undertake to compensate you if material similar to yours, received coincidentally from another source, is subsequently produced.

Thank you again for your interest in the project.

sounds the same as ours! :) fingers crossed!

Isn't that just the submission acknowledgement/receipt email though? (I got the same one last week)